Ok, I know this doesn't really belong in this forum, but it seems like it fits here better than any of the other forums. And I want help from the CB community, I don't know anyone in whatever forums Google uses.

I just set up a Gmail account, but it won't let me forward my mail from all my accounts to my Gmail account, I've tried Hotmail and Yahoo, AIM works fine. Hotmail isn't really a problem because that's where I want my mail to go, I have my Gmail setup to forward a copy of all the mail it receives to my Hotmail account. Yahoo, it says I have to be a "Yahoo Mail Plus" subscriber, is there any way I can just go to my Yahoo account and tell it to forward mail and then give it what account I want it to forward to?
    06-23-08 01:29 PM
    Nope...my wife tried that today..I posted it somewhere arounf her...that SUCKS huh?? I won't use yahoo again!! They want our $$$

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 01:45 PM
    Nope...my wife tried that today..I posted it somewhere arounf her...that SUCKS huh?? I won't use yahoo again!! They want our $$$

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yea, I *rarely* receive email to my Yahoo account, and since I know that I don't get email much there, I *rarely* check it. It would just be convenient for it to work, those b*stards trying to get our money! Oh well, at least I got AIM to work, even though I haven't received email to that account in about a year.
    06-23-08 01:47 PM
    yeah, see my wife gets a TON of spam on her yahoo acct.. so I was going to set up a gmail and foward the yahoo to that to cut down on the spam but...dam yahoo...greedy ba$****$
    06-23-08 01:56 PM
    I was able to set up my Yahoo account through my provider's BIS site and received e-mail just fine.

Were you trying to accomplish something similar to that with forwarding?

I know Hotmail is kind of hit and miss, fortunately, with Windows Live Hotmail you can forward e-mail at no extra charge while also leaving a copy on the server. So I forwarded it to my BlackBerry e-mail.

But Yahoo seems to work fine...
    06-23-08 02:14 PM
    Basically all I'm trying to do is make it so all of my email from all my accounts end up in the same in-box, honestly I really don't care which one it ends up in once I get my Berry if I can get them all forwarding to it.

Here's a new question though...

When you have your Hotmail account setup to forward to your Berry, can you still just get on the Hotmail account on your computer and check your mail? I assume you have to set it to "leave a cop in in-box" But then even if you check it on your computer will it still be in your Berry as a new email?
    06-23-08 02:46 PM
    I haven't tested that particular scenario, but I assume that since the Hotmail account is simply forwarding a copy of the message, reading/deleting it on Hotmail.com would not affect the copy that has been delivered to your 'Berry.
    06-23-08 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD