sorry if this question gets asked alot.
    hello i am new to bb and never had a phone this complicated, i want to set up my wifi and emails.
    how do i know if i am connect to my home wifi as i think i got the psk right?
    also i have tried to set up my emails and type in everything right and click on activate but i keep getting the same message after about 3minutes of saying aquiring service connection that says activation request failed, a service connection is unavailable.
    my wireless router is a belkin if that helps
    12-03-09 06:07 AM
    Well, to connect to wifi go to set up wifi. If you have a password for your wifi go to manually add network. Then type your wifi name and add. Then as security type put PSK (if you have a password) and type in your password. If everything is correct you should be connected to wifi after another screen or two. I'm not too sure about the enails. Sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 06:10 AM
    First, Wifi... follow the Wifi Guide in my signature below, it's very informative.

Secondly, the email... check out the Blackberry 101 section under "Blackberry Help" at the top of every forum page... specifically, check out BlackBerry 101: Lecture 11: BIS Email Basics
    12-03-09 06:26 AM
    thanks for the replies, well i did that and went to register it for the emails and it said my device isnt set up with my wireless service provider, i had followed the steps previous such as the host routing table thing and said an email had been sent but not sure what to do now or where the email was sent ect.
    12-03-09 10:27 AM
    If you did not receive an email when you did the Register Now from the Host Routing Table... then you need to contact your Cell Phone Provider and make sure they have a Blackberry Data Plan on your phone... sounds like they have not set one up for you.
    12-03-09 12:05 PM
    i brought the phone off amazon unlocked and am using my old contract sim in it, could i still set up a data plan?
    12-03-09 01:00 PM
    i brought the phone off amazon unlocked and am using my old contract sim in it, could i still set up a data plan?
    Your profile says you use Vodafone... call them and ask them about a Blackberry Data Plan (access to their BIS Server)... they should be able to add that for a price.
    12-03-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD