Hello:

I was wondering if there is a way to control what data is used when roaming? Last year I took my Storm to Mexico with the intention of checking on my email once a day. Basically turned on data services and waited for my email to update. What I found out was that a whole lot of other applications were also using the data to update themselves.

I know most applications can be customized but that would require going through each one. Also, I'm under the impression that the device's OS and apps are also phoning home when they can.

So, is there an easy way of just keeping everything from using data services (except email and perhaps BBM) when I turn it on?

Thanks!

Telus
    Storm
    03-20-10 02:07 PM
    I think you would need to either go to each app and check their settings or go into OPtions/apps and check/uncheck various permissions. Tedious as you mentioned.
    03-20-10 04:57 PM
    I think you would need to either go to each app and check their settings or go into OPtions/apps and check/uncheck various permissions. Tedious as you mentioned.
    I think it's a perfect idea for an app as it is so needed and so many people could save a lot of money with one! I only request 5% royalty.
    03-23-10 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD