I logged into the verizon BIS site to delete my gmail account and then create it again. Lately my emails have been anywhere from 10-15 minutes late. I've had success before just deleting the account in BIS and setting it back up again. Goes back to instant IMAP support.

Now if you go to create an email account, if you leave the password blank you can't get to the next screen to say you'll input the rest yourself. HELP!

What happened to it?! Is this due to the update they recently had?! Gah! I'm so confused and angry. I just want to set my gmail imap back up like it should be and the darn thing won't let me do it!

Hopefully that all made sense. Hit me back. Thanks!
    10-15-09 04:22 PM
    bump

Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you.

There are also no advanced settings to edit if you have a default POP email setup. I cannot figure out how to set it back up as IMAP. thanks in advance.

Edit: Here is a picture of what happens now when you leave the password blank where you would normally be able to continue to setup the email manually:

Last edited by Naman919; 10-16-09 at 08:28 AM.
    10-16-09 08:18 AM
    I have exactly the same question. I upgraded to OS 5.0.0.230 on my Curve and now I can't setup IMAP gmail access. If anyone knows how to do this now, it would be greatly appreciated. I want it so it archives all my deleted messages and doesn't permanently delete. IMAP was the only way I could do this.
    10-16-09 10:50 AM
    I didn't upgrade to OS 5.0, but I had to purchase BES from Sprint in order to access my personal IMAP email accounts...however, I have no problems retrieving my regular gmail, or hotmail. Call your service provider and see what additional information they require because they may consider your IMAP gmail as being work related, therefore making you purchase Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) , with sprint I'm paying an extra $20/month for it...and its not worth it, unless your constantly away from your pc...hope that helps.
    10-16-09 12:42 PM
    I didn't upgrade to OS 5.0, but I had to purchase BES from Sprint in order to access my personal IMAP email accounts...however, I have no problems retrieving my regular gmail, or hotmail. Call your service provider and see what additional information they require because they may consider your IMAP gmail as being work related, therefore making you purchase Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) , with sprint I'm paying an extra $20/month for it...and its not worth it, unless your constantly away from your pc...hope that helps.
    I had IMAP setup before and it was all good. i just went to delete it and add it again like i said.

Ideas....?

Anyone else want to try it and see what happens?
    10-16-09 01:29 PM
    Try this thread I posted, there may be some related help information in here...

the thread is called "Detour to $20/month BES" and its in the Blackberry Curve 83XX forum...and it s fairly new...I couldnt post the link, I haven't gotten that many posts yet, sorry.
    10-16-09 01:49 PM
    not much help via thread mentioned.

can someone please help me with this? Thanks.
    10-19-09 08:28 AM
    When you enter the details in BIS it doesnt give you the choice of POP3 or IMAP, it tries S/IMAP, IMAP, S/POP3 and POP3 in that order. When it asks you for email address and password, it tries to guess the mailserver name and username from the email address. If it fails at that point, it ought to be allowing you to provide the information explicitly. If that isnt happening, it is going to be an issue with the BIS system - nothing to do with the device firmware unless you are doing this from the device itself.

If you cant get beyond this point you may need to call your service provider. The tech team will have an "Admin Interface" which will allow them to set things up for you.
    10-20-09 10:23 AM
    Enter a invalid password for Gmail in BIS. It will tell you that your info is incorrect and give you the option to try again or enter the info yourself. That is how I do it everytime.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 03:46 PM
    I logged into the verizon BIS site to delete my gmail account and then create it again. Lately my emails have been anywhere from 10-15 minutes late. I've had success before just deleting the account in BIS and setting it back up again. Goes back to instant IMAP support.

Now if you go to create an email account, if you leave the password blank you can't get to the next screen to say you'll input the rest yourself. HELP!

What happened to it?! Is this due to the update they recently had?! Gah! I'm so confused and angry. I just want to set my gmail imap back up like it should be and the darn thing won't let me do it!

Hopefully that all made sense. Hit me back. Thanks!
    I have the exact same problem since yesterday, deleted so i could re-add but now it gives me no chance to manually add imap settings, did you guys work it out? It's driving me mad...
    11-12-09 12:29 AM
    Enter the wrong password. It will let you configure manually after the wrong password fails.

11-12-09 05:03 AM
    Enter the wrong password. It will let you configure manually after the wrong password fails.

This is what would happen with the old BIS, on this new version 2.8 you are not prompted to do that, so any other brilliant ideas? I noticed in several posts plus calling my carrier that no one has worked this out yet, great oh what fun!!!
    11-12-09 07:33 AM
    so any other brilliant ideas?
    Yes. I do have one. I just confirmed that it works too.

Too bad for you. Be nice.
    11-12-09 07:42 AM
    Yes. I do have one. I just confirmed that it works too.

Too bad for you. Be nice.
    I am very nice but it didn't work for me unfortunately, and I can't seem to find anyone else it works for either, was this using a gmail account?

Found a solution, so I hope it will help someone else too...

Try this and it will work: Instead of your email gmail address enter [email protected] and some pw. This will faill and take you to next screen where you choose I will provide settings, then this is my work email and then you enter correct gmail address in username and email field and IMAP.gmail.com for server and it will work.
    Last edited by catwoman66; 11-12-09 at 08:48 AM.
    11-12-09 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD