So I recently noticed this app BlackBerry App World - Weather Plus 2.0.4 - Automatically n Straightly on background

Allows you to choose any letter and it becomes the shortcut to it directly from the homescreen just like B brings up browser and m Messages. I set W to weatehr plus and just pressing W brings up the app...

I thought this wasn't possible? How does it do that?

I currently use Shortcutme and it's better than finding the icons and clicking them but it would be really nice to not have to hit the space bar or convenience button first...

Is there any app that does basically this (lets you assign shortcuts from home screen directly)?
    05-10-11 06:30 PM
    Just on the specific app.
    Or you can make your own theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-11 06:33 PM
    I guess I am just surprised that apps like shortcutme and QL don't take advantage of this to make their shortcuts better... I thought it was just impossible... maybe I do need to look into customizing a theme!
    05-10-11 06:49 PM
    i think you can enable shortcut keys from the home screen on OS 6, by disabling the universal search feature...
    05-10-11 11:22 PM
    i think you can enable shortcut keys from the home screen on OS 6, by disabling the universal search feature...
    You can enable them but it's system defined ones... for instance I would like F to launch facebook directly, but there is no setup for that apparently other than making your own theme.
    05-11-11 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD