This LED is getting on my nerves. If it's set to blink for such things as missed calls, SMS, email, reminders..., it just won't stop. It's really distracting and annoying, because I have the autolock set with password activation, and in order to make it stop, I have to type in the password and activate the phone just to make it stop.

If I don't do that, it will blink forever. I haven't been able to determine accurately how long "forever" is, because it's REALLY distracting and I give in and switch it off at one point, but trust me, it will blink for a long time, if not truly indefinitely.

So... is there any way to set the LED blinking duration? A minute or two would be good. Maybe there's an app for that?

A hack would do too, like editing one of the core files, if someone knows where to look.
    03-11-10 09:59 AM
    Yeah there is an app for that and its really good, its BerryBuzz it has options to speed up the blinking then slow it down after few mins or turn it of the light after sometime, and it also give you the ability to change colors of the light for different things like missed calls or bbm or email.

I personally have it and use it and its great.
    03-11-10 10:11 AM
    You can turn off the indicator for each or some email accounts.
    While viewing an email account go to Options-General Options-Display New Message Indicator.

Choose yes or no.

I don't believe there is a setting to change the blinking time or rate.
    03-11-10 10:12 AM
    BerryBuzz 2.1 - Custom LED Colors, Repeating Alerts and more! - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps StoreOne of my favorite apps, and I'd have to say one of the best as well. Definitely worth the money, and even has a free trial!
    Last edited by jabbs1; 03-11-10 at 11:55 AM.
    03-11-10 11:52 AM
    Yeah there is an app for that and its really good, its BerryBuzz it has options to speed up the blinking then slow it down after few mins or turn it of the light after sometime, and it also give you the ability to change colors of the light for different things like missed calls or bbm or email.

I personally have it and use it and its great.
    BerryBuzz 2.1 - Custom LED Colors, Repeating Alerts and more! - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps StoreOne of my favorite apps, and I'd have to say one of the best as well. Definitely worth the money, and even has a free trial!
    +1 on BerryBuzz. I'll have it on every BB I own.
    03-11-10 11:53 AM
    Nice... I've heard of Berrybuzz but I didn't know you can customize the blinking duration with that.

Thanks for the input!
    03-11-10 12:04 PM
    Nice... I've heard of Berrybuzz but I didn't know you can customize the blinking duration with that.

Thanks for the input!
    Oh yeah. You can choose the blinking speed and how long the LED will blink. And the color selection is great. Even allows you to pick custom colors from the color wheel. You can set alerst for incoming calls, any email accounts you have on your device, facebook, BBM, missed call alerts, and so many more options.
    03-11-10 12:24 PM
    Love Berry Buzz too. And it was worth the price of admission just to be able to set the LED to "Disco" for incoming calls.
    03-11-10 12:24 PM
    Love Berry Buzz too. And it was worth the price of admission just to be able to set the LED to "Disco" for incoming calls.
    Put your hands-up-in-the-air, put your hands up---in-the-air... lol
    03-11-10 12:30 PM
    Thats some Good Info ,, I am going there Now !
    Thanks Guys
    03-11-10 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD