Just a quickie but if my Service Status screen states the following:

Voice Services:connection:mobile network
    BIS:connection:wifi
    BES:connection:wifi

And the signal info(name?) in right hand corner of home screen is on GPRS rather than UMA (as it should be-it normally is&I aint moved at all)........
    Then will I be paying for sending push emails, browsing the internet etc?

Ta muchly,
    Becks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 06:04 AM
    Just a quickie but if my Service Status screen states the following:

Voice Services:connection:mobile network
    BIS:connection:wifi
    BES:connection:wifi

And the signal info(name?) in right hand corner of home screen is on GPRS rather than UMA (as it should be-it normally is&I aint moved at all)........
    Then will I be paying for sending push emails, browsing the internet etc?

Ta muchly,
    Becks

No, the voice services is connected to the mobile network for some reason and not using UMA. But it seem as if your data connection is going through WiFi You should be clear of all charges.

Check, go to your Browsers and make sure it is set to WiFi and see if you are browsing on WiFi
    06-30-08 07:07 AM
    Excellent news. I use the wifi bb browser all of the time (only opera mini occassionally4downloading), so I presumed that it would be running off of wifi naturally. I can't find anywhere to check whether it is for def tho.

So as long as I've got a dark, not fAded, wifi symbol in top right corner then my data services will be going thro that&thus cos me nowt in data charges?

I take it that my voice services not being uma all the time I'm on wifi is weird. Cos a while back I had that cycling through uma, UMA, gprs, GPRS, GSM and that did my head in-esp when I didn't know if I was being charged or not.

Thanks Muchly for the info bmcclure, u is a *star*,
    Cheers, Becks

07-03-08 07:39 PM
    Glad things are working better for you. As long as you are browsing with the wifi then no data charges will occur!!

07-05-08 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD