Hi all,

I'm trying to run through all the Blackberry server software and figure out which will be best for my current needs. We have an exchange 2003 enterprise server and at the moment will only need support for 1 blackberry. It looks like Blackberry Professional Server Express will work but I am still not 100% sure. The only functionality I need is to be able to read emails from the users Inbox and subfolders of Inbox (subfolders are very important) and to send emails. Having access to contacts would be a good option but not 100% necessary.

With these needs in mind, is the Blackberry Professional Server Express a good option or is there something else. It doesnt have to be free, but obviously the cheaper the better.

Thanks for any responses.
    01-15-09 01:20 PM
    Im using BPS and so far its good. We only have the one blackberry. I cant imagine spending the bucks on a stand alone server with one BB. Besides, the first Cal on BPS is a freebie, so whadda-ya got to lose?

Keep in mind, however, this stuff doesnt Sync old emails like Microsoft does, only the new ones.
    01-15-09 01:53 PM
    So what you are saying is that the blackberry client will only see emails that arrive after I install BPS?

I assume this means that when the user connects to BPS they are not actually connecting to exchange and thus, the users Inbox will not be organized like it would be when they view their mailbox in Outlook.

The key functionality I need here is the ability to view the mailbox just like it would be viewed in outlook. ie: Inbox and all folders below inbox are visible and anything moved to specific folders in Outlook also get shown in their new subfolders on the BB. Does BPS do this?
    01-15-09 02:03 PM
    My BPS installation does this, meaning that the folder structure is the same. Just dont expect it to go back to 1989 and get your messages you have stored up. It would keep your messages from hence forward however.

You might get a more expertly crafted answer in the admin forums. Im not a true expert on the subject. Its just my understanding this is PUSH technology, not SYNC.
    01-16-09 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD