Now that's how to launch a new device.. Iphone6 and iphone6 plus..

Great incorporation of NFC with Apple pay, 2 nice handsets...and clear updates to the os..

As for I watch, definitely best variant out there but not for me.. Seems ridiculous. Also legally, is watch considered hands free... Terrifying to think a bunch of teenagers may have them while driving... Oh dear god... A whole new level of distraction while driving.

Man I hope blackberry don't fizzle now with the passport without the classic... I just can't see how it makes sense now even more not to launch the classic with it...
    09-09-14 02:21 PM
    Now that's how to launch a new device.. Iphone6 and iphone6 plus..

Great incorporation of NFC with Apple pay, 2 nice handsets...and clear updates to the os..
    Indeed, and making front page news in the UK newspapers too. In addition, the Daily Telegraph (among others) carried a live blog of the launch presentation. Hugely positive publicity... and all for free. Apple certainly knows how to market and launch alright.

Who honestly believes that the Passport launch on the 24th will get more than a brief paragraph in the business section of national newspapers?
    09-09-14 03:17 PM
    Nope. They won't go quiet at all.

They'll just resurrect the "global media conspiracy to destroy BlackBerry" and anyone who suggests that BB phones not selling might actually be down to BB's poor understanding of what the market wants to buy will be labeled a Hater.

I haven't been called a Negative Nancy for months now... Looking forward to it!
    Negative Nancy! You've been call! ......lol!!

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-09-14 03:23 PM
    Indeed, and making front page news in the UK newspapers too. In addition, the Daily Telegraph (among others) carried a live blog of the launch presentation. Hugely positive publicity... and all for free. Apple certainly knows how to market and launch alright.

Who honestly believes that the Passport launch on the 24th will get more than a brief paragraph in the business section of national newspapers?
    I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't even get mentioned anywhere.., like the z30 launch (the hailed good spec full touch brick)...
    09-09-14 03:29 PM
    I'm not convinced the Classic isn't ready for prime time. I also wouldn't be surprised if both devices are launched on the 24th. BB has been mostly mum on the Classic...

Posted via CB10
    The ball is literally not in your court....

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 03:43 PM

Don't be silly. The z10 launched to a ton of fanfare. I'm taking full blown pages in national papers in the UK. Granted the advertising itself was crap but it still received it

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-09-14 08:11 PM
    Or just call them the Classic and rename the Passport to to Classic Plus.

That should work.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 10:02 PM
    So prevent upgrades and sales by having consumers who are the fence about the passport who have been waiting for over a year for classic are unsure which direction to go making all of them wait...

So many classic wanna be owners may want a passport but we can't until we physically see how both function.

So the passport won't sell as well as it could until the classic is out...

Dumb dumb dumb. No way I'd ever get a passport without trying out a classic and probably vice versa even though I think a classic is what I need ..

It could have resulted in a huge total sales but now just partial...

Many legacy users who don't troll forum are gonna see the passport and go.. Wth... We have a q10 that looks like that but smaller ... Big deal and eye roll.. Not realizing the classic is in the pipeline...more lost sales...for bold owners or z people who may be up for upgrades and decide the iPhone6 is for them thinking blackberry still don't get their customers..
    My goodness ANOTHER armchair CEO,
    09-09-14 10:10 PM
    My goodness ANOTHER armchair CEO,
    LOL. It's the best kind.

That's what we all are. Hindsight being 20/20 and all...
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    09-09-14 10:28 PM
    Don't be silly. The z10 launched to a ton of fanfare. I'm taking full blown pages in national papers in the UK. Granted the advertising itself was crap but it still received it

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!

You reckon the Daily Telegraph will be doing a front-page spread and live blog of the BB launch on the 24th then?

The Z10 launch was indeed well-covered by the UK media. It was hot news... BB's come back phone with their shiny new BB10 OS. I doubt the Passport will get anything like the same attention in the press (which is free publicity), but BB are of course at liberty to spend their own money on advertising... though, given that I'm not sure if the Passport is aimed at Joe Public why would BB spend a ton of money on advertising?
    09-10-14 02:07 AM
    Passport coming out AFTER iphone 6 is launched. Chen Passport launch will be worse than Thor's attempts.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 05:44 AM
    Well, obviously the product is not ready yet. What do you want them to do - delay the Passport or ship an unfinished Classic on the 24th?

It's better to have at least the Passport now than to have both of them at the end of the year.
    When did BlackBerry release a finished product?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 06:54 AM
    Apple certainly knows how to market and launch alright.
    Kidding? They just do it and everybody loses their minds. They can't do anything right or wrong and it's irrelevant whether they know how to market or not.

Posted via CB10
    Toodeurep likes this.
    09-13-14 11:36 AM
    Kidding? They just do it and everybody loses their minds. They can't do anything right or wrong and it's irrelevant whether they know how to market or not.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, not kidding.

I doubt anyone, outside of the CrackBerry reality-free bubble, seriously believes that Apple's success is simply down to blind luck and unthinkingly loyal fans.

Yes, they have loyal fans. That probably has something to do with the fact that Apple seems to be able to provide incrementally improved devices that people want to buy (year after year after year), with peerless support, a huge App ecosystem, and a fantastically effective marking campaign. You think there are many phone launches that get front-page live blogs on one of the major UK daily newspapers? You think that worldwide launch publicity just happened, by accident?

And now Apple Pay, another thing that has people talking (every other thread on CB seems to be about iPhone6, Apple Pay or the watch!) which, if it takes off, will earn Apple millions and win even more fans due to the payment convenience it will bring. I don't even use an iPhone, but I can see its mould-breaking potential.

There's a thread over there where a banking guy tells us that the banks have been working with Apple on Apple Pay for over a year. All of that demonstrates significant organisation and planning, or did you think that it all just came together by chance?

But, no matter, if you prefer to believe it's all down to blind luck and iSheep, that's OK.
    TgeekB and TGR1 like this.
    09-13-14 12:08 PM
    Nope, not kidding.

But, no matter, if you prefer to believe it's all down to blind luck and iSheep, that's OK.
    When I see "experts" in the field go on business shows and say nothing but positive things about an item, I question their legitimacy.

I also see more "news" articles about Apple than other tech companies. Maybe Apple pays for the articles.

Point being, there is a little more going on than Apple's hip commercials with U2 in them.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    09-13-14 03:38 PM
    When I see "experts" in the field go on business shows and say nothing but positive things about an item, I question their legitimacy.

I also see more "news" articles about Apple than other tech companies. Maybe Apple pays for the articles.

Point being, there is a little more going on than Apple's hip commercials with U2 in them.

Yes there is, like Apple Pay. The more I read the more I realize it will finally make NFC payments legit and bring Apple more income.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-13-14 03:46 PM
    Yes there is, like Apple Pay. The more I read the more I realize it will finally make NFC payments legit and bring Apple more income.

What does that have to do with my post?

09-13-14 04:46 PM
    What does that have to do with my post?

Simply that Apple is more than hip commercials, which don't hurt by the way.

JeepBB likes this.
    09-13-14 04:52 PM
    Perhaps those experts genuinely believe the positive things they're saying?

If I were an "expert" invited onto a business show, I'd like to think I had the integrity to provide a genuinely held opinion, if for no other reason than to protect my reputation. There's a difference between maintaining a questioning attitude, and the cynicism of doubting everything and believing an ulterior motive because it relates to something you don't like.

Maybe they do. Smart marketing huh?

I don't actually believe that they do, but if they *were* paying "everyone" to write positive things about Apple, it kind of destroys the argument of Apple being incompetent fools blindly relying on equally blind iSheep for their success.

You're inside the bubble. It distorts your view. Most people outside the reality distortion field see the iPhone6 launch, the marketing, and the prospects for Apple Pay rather differently.
    09-14-14 03:18 AM
    It is extremely myopic to think Apple's success is solely based on PR

C'mon...
    09-14-14 08:33 PM
    It is extremely myopic to think Apple's success is solely based on PR

C'mon...

I don't,which is why I wrote:

Yes, they have loyal fans. That probably has something to do with the fact that Apple seems to be able to provide incrementally improved devices that people want to buy (year after year after year), with peerless support, a huge App ecosystem, and a fantastically effective marking campaign. You think there are many phone launches that get front-page live blogs on one of the major UK daily newspapers? You think that worldwide launch publicity just happened, by accident?

Or was that not aimed at me?

I agree that Apple's success is built on much more than their hugely effective PR and marketing. It doesn't matter how good the PR, if the product doesn't justify the PR, it won't sell... and certainly not year after year after year. You might get away with unjustified hype once, but I credit general consumers with more sense than to fall for it repeatedly.

It would only work if iSheep were as stupidly and blindly loyal as some here on CB seem to believe, but they're not.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    09-15-14 05:29 AM
    I don't,which is why I wrote:

Or was that not aimed at me?

I agree that Apple's success is built on much more than their hugely effective PR and marketing. It doesn't matter how good the PR, if the product doesn't justify the PR, it won't sell... and certainly not year after year after year. You might get away with unjustified hype once, but I credit general consumers with more sense than to fall for it repeatedly.

It would only work if iSheep were as stupidly and blindly loyal as some here on CB seem to believe, but they're not.
    Nope, not aimed at you at all.

Well said.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-15-14 05:38 AM
    Nope, not kidding.

I doubt anyone, outside of the CrackBerry reality-free bubble, seriously believes that Apple's success is simply down to blind luck and unthinkingly loyal fans.

And now Apple Pay, another thing that has people talking (every other thread on CB seems to be about iPhone6, Apple Pay or the watch!) which, if it takes off, will earn Apple millions and win even more fans due to the payment convenience it will bring. I don't even use an iPhone, but I can see its mould-breaking potential.

There's a thread over there where a banking guy tells us that the banks have been working with Apple on Apple Pay for over a year. All of that demonstrates significant organisation and planning, or did you think that it all just came together by chance?

You're missing my point though. When the media and public go bonkers about an Apple event it's not about Apple marketing that event, but because of people's expectations towards Apple based on prior success and products. That was my point. So when the media and public lose their minds about an Apple event and covering it even before it started and you saying "Yeah Apple really knows how to market" you're pretty much kidding yourself. That's got nothing to do with a reality-free bubble I live in.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 01:43 PM
    Spot on with every Blackberry fan's wish!
    We all wish they both come out at once, aint it??

But afterall, if Blackberry decides not to launch both ie.. Passport and Classic together, I am very much convinced there would be genuine and more than one reason not to do so.

There are always issues which are not in front of any consumer's eye which would have to be ironed out before a smooth launch into the market. And keeping in mind that the Classic would be the first BB10 phone with the trackpad and cursor, I wouldnt be surprised if that may take a few months more before it is shot into the market.

Whatever it maybe, my only hope and prayer is that Blackberry should not send a half baked Classic out in the market. It would kill the loyal BB fans forever.
    09-16-14 01:51 PM
    Wish Chen would just do away with the whole "launch party" concept.

I don't know, but does Dell do a launch party when they release a new server? Does Cisco do a launch party when they release a new router?

Both the Passport and the Classic are designed for the enterprise customer. We all know that enterprise is the only niche buying BlackBerries in any meaningful numbers. Why not just start acting like an enterprise tech company?
    09-16-14 02:05 PM
78 1234