What is this BlackBerry opposed to Apple and Samsung BS all the time? Can anybody elaborate please? Especially concerning the Classic?

Didn't you see the leaked strategy and product positioning slides of the current and upcoming roadmap? The BlackBerry Classic is targeted towards hesitant business dinosaurs still holding onto their BlackBerry 7 devices. It's meant for "enterprise fleet renewal" and has nothing to do with the Passport. The main types the Classic is targeted at are currently using Bold 9900 and 9930 devices and clearly don't give a F about one or the other additional month "waiting".

Posted via CB10
    Without us dinosausers and enterprise users, bb would dead. It's only survived because of us.. It's on life support.. Pulling the plug ie having os7 users defect - would be death of the company. If they don't launch the phone us Dino's want soon and the os7 device start to die off like they are as they are getting very old. Many of those life bloods will go to androids.. I see it everyday.. People are soooooooo tired of waiting .. They lose buyers everyday.

The passport may help a weeee bit but in talking to legacy people who I've shown it too have same response as me.. A big q10.. Nice but not what I need and want.
    09-07-14 12:39 PM
    Without us dinosausers and enterprise users, bb would dead. It's only survived because of us.. It's on life support.. Pulling the plug ie having os7 users defect - would be death of the company. If they don't launch the phone us Dino's want soon and the os7 device start to die off like they are as they are getting very old. Many of those life bloods will go to androids.. I see it everyday.. People are soooooooo tired of waiting .. They lose buyers everyday.

The passport may help a weeee bit but in talking to legacy people who I've shown it too have same response as me.. A big q10.. Nice but not what I need and want.
    Please define the hardware that you need and want.

I do not think that many current non enterprise Bold, Torch or Curve owners are waiting to upgrade if their current device meets their needs. They mainly just text and email or they would have upgraded by now.
    09-07-14 01:09 PM
    You don't follow Apple news that much, do you? All models since the iPhone 4 leaked in advance.

Posted via CB10
    Months in advance? Not really. iPhone 6 is RUMOURED to be launched in 2 days. Not one picture of it out. No specs. Nothing.

BlackBerry Passport is still 20+ days to launch. We know pretty much everything of importance. Specs, pictures, comparisons, OS.

Soooo.. keeping BlackBerry in the spotlight for more than one day due to two launches aimed at two different user groups is a failure?

Where did you get your Marketing degree?

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    BlackBerry isn't in the spotlight at all! That's the thing!! Other than dedicated BlackBerry sites, the only mentions of Passport I've seen are when they released details of the phone on their blog.

WHO RELEASES A PHONE TO PUBLIC BY A BLOG?!?

.....wait, wut? Give me that link to the Apple online store please. You do know it's rumored that the 5.5" iPhone variant will launch later, right?

Posted via CB10
    Keyword: rumoured. No details have leaked yet. Nothing.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-07-14 01:48 PM
    Months in advance? Not really. iPhone 6 is RUMOURED to be launched in 2 days. Not one picture of it out. No specs. Nothing.

BlackBerry Passport is still 20+ days to launch. We know pretty much everything of importance. Specs, pictures, comparisons, OS.

BlackBerry isn't in the spotlight at all! That's the thing!! Other than dedicated BlackBerry sites, the only mentions of Passport I've seen are when they released details of the phone on their blog.

WHO RELEASES A PHONE TO PUBLIC BY A BLOG?!?

Keyword: rumoured. No details have leaked yet. Nothing.
    Well the entire housing as well as the sapphire glass leaked months in advance - is that nothing? It doesn't matter if it wasn't a working product since beside the housing it'll be just another iPhone. And who cares about leaks really? Those are products and leaking them or not won't change anything for you as a user.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 02:16 PM
    Please define the hardware that you need and want.

I do not think that many current non enterprise Bold, Torch or Curve owners are waiting to upgrade if their current device meets their needs. They mainly just text and email or they would have upgraded by now.
    I have many times, trackpad for efficient text selection, call buttons. I hate not being to just hit call in a txt msg or bbm msg vs swipes out or hitting a sub menu then finding option with more swipe and them hitting call etc. I hate having to hit the tip button during a teleconference to hang up due to screen lockout... Have I gotten use to it.. Yes, does it irritate me every time.. Absolutely. And the list goes on..
    09-07-14 08:57 PM
    They can raise brand awareness without future OS leaking or full specs of the device becoming public before the launch date. I mean what's the point of the launch event (other than the obvious) when people already know what they're going to release?

BlackBerry doesn't have a lot of things to release like Apple and Google. They should try building anticipation and momentum. BlackBerrys are supposedly made for professionals but the company itself isn't professional in their product releases!

Think about how well Apple releases their products, they're predictable launches but they don't even have a leaked image before the event! THAT is professionalism and good launch.
    Ok sorry to rain on your parade there are tons of leaked pictures of the iPhone 6. And john Chen has shown off the passport and classic months ago. Soo kind of hard to stop all picture of it when they have shown every one. How is that unprofessional? How is being anal like apple and not showing of which we already know what it looks like. So stop having your pitty party they are not releasing both devises at same time. Big deal.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by silversmith75; 09-09-14 at 11:36 AM.
    09-07-14 09:12 PM
    I love how people are totally over reacting cause the want both phones it's unprofessional to have separate release dates. Grow up

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 09:14 PM
    Well the entire housing as well as the sapphire glass leaked months in advance - is that nothing? It doesn't matter if it wasn't a working product since beside the housing it'll be just another iPhone. And who cares about leaks really? Those are products and leaking them or not won't change anything for you as a user.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't change anything for me for sure. Leaks are great for curious people but they ruin the wow factor at launch

Ok sorry to rain on your parade there are tones of leaked pictures of the iPhone 6. And john Chen has shown off the passport and classic months ago. Soo kind of hard to stop all picture of it when they have shown every one. How is that unprofessional? How is being anal like apple and not showing of which we already know what it looks like. So stop having your pitty party they are not releasing both devises at same time. Big deal.

Posted via CB10
    Has Apple CEO confirmed them in a freaking Apple BLOG?

I love how people are totally over reacting cause the want both phones it's unprofessional to have separate release dates. Grow up

Posted via CB10
    See my above comment, do you REALLY need me to explain to you how that's unprofessional?

Have you ever been involved in launching something?
    09-07-14 10:49 PM
    so I have nothing to do....what should I do today?...Oh yeah!! let's make up a thread about BlackBerry's Passport and Classic launch...must be a slow day
    undone likes this.
    09-07-14 11:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is crackberry. Don't try and make it a better place as people are too fanatical to see things reasonably.
    Don't worry when the passport is released and isn't a huge success most of the fanatics will go quiet and you will be able to have fairly reasonable discussions here. You will just have to watch out for the blackberry haters then

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    silversmith75 likes this.
    09-08-14 03:58 AM
    Don't worry when the passport is released and isn't a huge success most of the fanatics will go quiet and you will be able to have fairly reasonable discussions here.

!
    Nope. They won't go quiet at all.

They'll just resurrect the "global media conspiracy to destroy BlackBerry" and anyone who suggests that BB phones not selling might actually be down to BB's poor understanding of what the market wants to buy will be labeled a Hater.

I haven't been called a Negative Nancy for months now... Looking forward to it!
    Last edited by JeepBB; 09-08-14 at 02:55 PM.
    09-08-14 04:30 AM
    I'm not convinced that the Passport is ready.

G's Z30
    09-08-14 05:39 AM
    I'm not convinced that the Passport is ready.

G's Z30
    I guess the proof of that will be how long after the 24th September unveiling there'll be Passports available to buy.

I'm reasonably sure that the device *will* be made available to buy within the month after, but that few will buy it. LOL

I reckon that a combination of a stupidly high price and it being a niche device that won't appeal to many will see it vanish into obscurity within a few months.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 09-08-14 at 02:54 PM.
    09-08-14 05:56 AM
    BlackBerry does get its customers. The Classic launch is tied to the BES launch.

Now you could argue release the Classic and let enterprises EA them on BES10. The play here is to have something sexy to talk about with the BES launch. Infrastructure isn't sexy. Devices are. Give a reason to have people look at BES. The device is the carrot.

Posted via CB10
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    09-08-14 06:28 AM
    What is this BlackBerry opposed to Apple and Samsung BS all the time? Can anybody elaborate please? Especially concerning the Classic?

Didn't you see the leaked strategy and product positioning slides of the current and upcoming roadmap? The BlackBerry Classic is targeted towards hesitant business dinosaurs still holding onto their BlackBerry 7 devices. It's meant for "enterprise fleet renewal" and has nothing to do with the Passport. The main types the Classic is targeted at are currently using Bold 9900 and 9930 devices and clearly don't give a F about one or the other additional month "waiting".

Posted via CB10
    Nailed it.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 06:29 AM
    So Apple is smart, launches both new iphone6 at the same time.
    Samsung launches both new devices and they are the most dominate android ie curved and non curve variants and even say they need support from developers for curved callout apps but still launch it.

Blackberry, holds off launching the phone that sooooooooo many want, but instead launch only the one ridiculed by sooo many early on... And will be a hard sell with a square screen. So utterly even a smaller niche them the classic. Zero reasoning behind not launching the classic.. Zero. Easy for them to say further enhancements in a os update will come optimizing the belt further but we felt soooo many were begging and waiting ..... Just as we did between 10.0 and 10.2 and now 10.3... Expect it to even get better ... As we fine tune the os for the belt
    Yes but, both iterations of the new iPhone are almost identical to each other making marketing two products side by side pretty simple. With the Passport and Classic you have two very distinct products, neither of which share much in common other than being made by the same brand, with distinct marketing challenges, it makes much better sense to launch the two devices individually and be able to tailor your marketing to each product. The challenges in product differences in execution and demographics are far greater than simply one having a curved screen or not, or devs and/or app challenges.

I could go on but I won't, it appears that most people have made up their mind that BlackBerry are either fools or geniuses without taking into account the unique marketing decisions that need to be made for each device.
    Last edited by Jonesy1966; 09-08-14 at 08:22 AM.
    MidnightSociety likes this.
    09-08-14 08:04 AM
    I guess the proof of that will be how long after the 24th September unveiling there'll be Passports available to buy.

I'm reasonably sure that the device *will* be made available to buy within the month after, but that few will buy it. LOL

I reckon that a combination of a stupidly high price and it being a niche device that won't appeal to many will see it vanish into obscurity within a few months.
    According to someone I spoke to yesterday, Telus in Canada has already started to receive Passports for inventory. In fact, it seems they may have already released some by accident to a few stores.
    undone likes this.
    09-08-14 08:10 AM
    I wanna see the survey sheets that you all did to come up with all this.
    Otherwise, stop blowing smoke up our Bu t t s just because "you don't think......."

I mean... SERIOUSLY?????????

09-08-14 09:08 AM
    This is a delightful candidate for the "Armchair CEO" forum
    anon(3732391) and web99 like this.
    09-08-14 11:22 AM
    According to someone I spoke to yesterday, Telus in Canada has already started to receive Passports for inventory. In fact, it seems they may have already released some by accident to a few stores.
    Assuming this is true, you should see full reviews of the device within 24 hours of its release which will be sweet, because by the time the USA carriers give an F about it there will be so much info on the device it will be easy to decide whether to get it or not.
    09-08-14 12:06 PM

It could have resulted in a huge total sales but now just partial...
    Oh cool you are a marketing/sales expert! Didn't know that.
    09-08-14 02:55 PM
    Oh cool you are a marketing/sales expert! Didn't know that.
    And how to do you know that I'm not.... My business has made millions in revenue marketing to 16-35yr's as my core sales demographic.. And yes I'm the CEO of my small cap business. So what's your point. I sell products directly to one of the largest outlets in my segment in the world. Can you say the same... So yes I do get what it takes to market, I'm the CEO r&d guy and also do the entire marketing for my business... I've worked with many marketing agencies both in print and tv, attending and met plenty of retailers and interacted with countless number of customers .. Granted not in tech.. But a lot of the approaches are identical ... And by the way... 19-25 currently have the highest rate of employment ever .. Well over 30%. So 1 in 3 can't even pay there own cell bill... Then carving out a 33% apple fanatic.. You think it's wise for blackberry to be focus on less then 1/3 of that demo who are strapped for every dollar, facing huge debt bills etc. So devices for gen lost ie 19-25 is not what bb should be focused on.. It's the business users buying 10, 50, 100's of units and stickers, passport are not them...doctors, lawyers,, real estate professionals, small to large cap businesses... They've lost the plight for the apple hardcore fanatics..
    Last edited by diehardbbuser; 09-08-14 at 06:46 PM.
    09-08-14 06:36 PM
    So prevent upgrades and sales by having consumers who are the fence about the passport who have been waiting for over a year for classic are unsure which direction to go making all of them wait...

So many classic wanna be owners may want a passport but we can't until we physically see how both function.

So the passport won't sell as well as it could until the classic is out...

Dumb dumb dumb. No way I'd ever get a passport without trying out a classic and probably vice versa even though I think a classic is what I need ..

It could have resulted in a huge total sales but now just partial...

Many legacy users who don't troll forum are gonna see the passport and go.. Wth... We have a q10 that looks like that but smaller ... Big deal and eye roll.. Not realizing the classic is in the pipeline...more lost sales...for bold owners or z people who may be up for upgrades and decide the iPhone6 is for them thinking blackberry still don't get their customers..
    To all those that want the Classic released at the same time as the Passport..

Either you haven't been paying attention or you want the Passport to be delayed until November. The Passport using 10.3 OS and the Classic uses 10.3.1 OS. 10.3.1 is still in Beta.

https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...loads/roadmap/

Please keep up folks.
    09-08-14 07:44 PM
    Holy frick, calm down. Some people have a little patience and can wait until the classic comes out to decide.
    09-08-14 07:54 PM
    Holy frick, calm down. Some people have a little patience and can wait until the classic comes out to decide.
    Most don't. And those most are the ones who will either make or break BlackBerry as a consumer company.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-09-14 12:08 AM
78 1234