So prevent upgrades and sales by having consumers who are the fence about the passport who have been waiting for over a year for classic are unsure which direction to go making all of them wait...

So many classic wanna be owners may want a passport but we can't until we physically see how both function.

So the passport won't sell as well as it could until the classic is out...

Dumb dumb dumb. No way I'd ever get a passport without trying out a classic and probably vice versa even though I think a classic is what I need ..

It could have resulted in a huge total sales but now just partial...

Many legacy users who don't troll forum are gonna see the passport and go.. Wth... We have a q10 that looks like that but smaller ... Big deal and eye roll.. Not realizing the classic is in the pipeline...more lost sales...for bold owners or z people who may be up for upgrades and decide the iPhone6 is for them thinking blackberry still don't get their customers..
    09-06-14 03:27 PM
    I agree... should be made available together. Traditional users may go into the store looking for the classic, see the Passport, decide to check it out, and perhaps be "upsold" to it. On the other hand, some may go in gung-ho about the Passport only to realize it's a bit too expensive, too big or too different, and instead decide to get the classic. Both "new releases", so no one feels like they are buying last year's models.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 03:40 PM
    Well, obviously the product is not ready yet. What do you want them to do - delay the Passport or ship an unfinished Classic on the 24th?

It's better to have at least the Passport now than to have both of them at the end of the year.
    Bbnivende, j21jam6, acovey and 2 others like this.
    09-06-14 03:45 PM
    I'm not convinced the Classic isn't ready for prime time. I also wouldn't be surprised if both devices are launched on the 24th. BB has been mostly mum on the Classic...

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 04:24 PM
    Only have so many resources... spread them too thin, and both products will tank.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    09-06-14 04:27 PM
    To be fair, I think the classic does present additional challenges/functionalities, over all previous BB10 devices, that have to be ironed out. They can't just add the toolbar, they have to make it worth the space.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 04:53 PM
    So Apple is smart, launches both new iphone6 at the same time.
    Samsung launches both new devices and they are the most dominate android ie curved and non curve variants and even say they need support from developers for curved callout apps but still launch it.

Blackberry, holds off launching the phone that sooooooooo many want, but instead launch only the one ridiculed by sooo many early on... And will be a hard sell with a square screen. So utterly even a smaller niche them the classic. Zero reasoning behind not launching the classic.. Zero. Easy for them to say further enhancements in a os update will come optimizing the belt further but we felt soooo many were begging and waiting ..... Just as we did between 10.0 and 10.2 and now 10.3... Expect it to even get better ... As we fine tune the os for the belt
    DeliFresser likes this.
    09-06-14 05:13 PM
    Maybe the Classic is tied to BES 12 launch? When does that get released?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 05:14 PM
    It's your life, do what makes you happy. Why does she have a 3+ year old phone anyway? Most people don't keep a phone for even 2 years nowadays.

Posted via CB10
    My wife is the same. She rocks devices forever. It's one reason rooting is something that benefits her, as she saves money on hardware by upgrading software. Up to point, obviously.
    09-06-14 06:31 PM
    I'm not convinced the Classic isn't ready for prime time. I also wouldn't be surprised if both devices are launched on the 24th. BB has been mostly mum on the Classic...

Posted via CB10
    I am not sure about both products be launched at the same time, as I think they want their premium Porche product & Passport to come out at the same time.

However I also think they may unveil the classic at the event and possibly provide the November launch date.... I seriously doubt there will be a launch event for it.
    dskcpa likes this.
    09-06-14 06:39 PM
    Maybe the Classic is tied to BES 12 launch? When does that get released?

Posted via CB10
    BES 12 is launched in November.
    09-06-14 06:40 PM
    I agree, when I think about BlackBerry as a company, it still has that feeling of an unorganized company.

They're doing many good things but everything feels unorganized and comes in waves. It needs a tsunami of news releases at the same time to feel like a company in the right direction.

We're still seeing leaks and unprofessional conduct by BlackBerry when they release product and other information too early (Passport leaks, Classic leaks) etc.
    09-06-14 06:45 PM
    We're still seeing leaks and unprofessional conduct by BlackBerry when they release product and other information too early (Passport leaks, Classic leaks) etc.
    I would disagree on a part of your comment... Generally if information is leaking and it is in detail, then it would mean the product is going for external testing... which means it just needs tweeks (hopefully), and is nearly ready. Blackberry should be using this time to raise brand/product awareness, which I feel it always fails to do so. Their usual stop start approach no longer works in the market! Especially when there is so many mobile competitors out there releasing products at the same time, so there is always limited amount of press coverage available, as the major brands Apple/Samsung will dominate most press.
    09-06-14 07:01 PM
    It's your life, do what makes you happy. Why does she have a 3+ year old phone anyway? Most people don't keep a phone for even 2 years nowadays.

Posted via CB10
    It's cause waiting... Waited for bb10 dev... Hated liked me z, waits for q... My device died so forced to try q10... Disappointed.. Still waitng on classic... Simply.. Like me needs a keyboard... Like me uses it as a phone 1st email 2nd and bbm third.. Then leisure with off app here and there... Based on that bold os7 is was the best and in many ways still is... But surfing web is painful and realistically.. Bigger screen full 4g is not a reality of a new need that was the case as much 3yrs ago. I would love os7 4g sized classic phone...
    09-06-14 09:05 PM
    I would disagree on a part of your comment... Generally if information is leaking and it is in detail, then it would mean the product is going for external testing... which means it just needs tweeks (hopefully), and is nearly ready. Blackberry should be using this time to raise brand/product awareness, which I feel it always fails to do so. Their usual stop start approach no longer works in the market! Especially when there is so many mobile competitors out there releasing products at the same time, so there is always limited amount of press coverage available, as the major brands Apple/Samsung will dominate most press.
    They can raise brand awareness without future OS leaking or full specs of the device becoming public before the launch date. I mean what's the point of the launch event (other than the obvious) when people already know what they're going to release?

BlackBerry doesn't have a lot of things to release like Apple and Google. They should try building anticipation and momentum. BlackBerrys are supposedly made for professionals but the company itself isn't professional in their product releases!

Think about how well Apple releases their products, they're predictable launches but they don't even have a leaked image before the event! THAT is professionalism and good launch.
    09-06-14 09:46 PM
    This staggered release is another fail. Just like the BB10 launch when they led with the Z10 despite knowing their loyal customers wanted a QWERTY phone.

Posted via CB10
    diehardbbuser likes this.
    09-06-14 10:48 PM
    Soooo.. keeping BlackBerry in the spotlight for more than one day due to two launches aimed at two different user groups is a failure?

Where did you get your Marketing degree?

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    09-07-14 06:56 AM
    Soooo.. keeping BlackBerry in the spotlight for more than one day due to two launches aimed at two different user groups is a failure?

Maybe you don't get positive momentum.. Making a big splash vs. a trickle coverage...

Initial sales are key .. If they don't get traction fast.. It's all lost again... Cycles are too fast now to mess up.. This isn't marketing 2008...

It's easy to keep making news .. Once your news worthy again.. Making small whispers every quarter won't get the ship back on track..

Saying we're back.. With a passport and a classic and saying we heard you.. Here's the phone that should have launched back them... Here's a new innovative option and by the way.. You can load android apps now so ... No app Versus ignoring all the customers that made us a huge force in the PDA community and we keep butting to the back burner..
    09-07-14 09:12 AM
    Plus, they'll be updating the z30 soon anyway..

So sept24 should be the keyboard launches and then a nov press event for a updated full touch for Xmas..
    09-07-14 09:16 AM
    We have no clue as to whether the Classic is ready for release. Neither the Z10 or the Q10 was ready when they were released. They can not have loose screens or creaky keyboards or double typing. When the Classic is getting ready for release we should see units out in the field being tested.
    09-07-14 09:34 AM
    Hate to say this but, "Oh man! The bosses are again whining!" Why is it that they always know better than John Chen? Just because Samsung launched two devices and Apple will follow suit, should Blackberry jump into the wagon? Anyway, just shoot each other's opinion. Crazy world!
    09-07-14 09:42 AM

Think about how well Apple releases their products, they're predictable launches but they don't even have a leaked image before the event! THAT is professionalism and good launch.
    I respectfully disagree. There are tons of leaks that, for me, take away from the "ooooh, cool" factor somewhat. However, I do agree that Apple manages to keep some more significant feature secret until the official reveal.

Again I disagree, unless the two launches are at least ~6m apart or the second launch is very understated. I would argue that the Classic, however fine a phone it is, should not get a major event for itself. For one it might give the message that BBRY has to raid their archives to make a even semi-successful BB10 device and secondly the pkb market just isn't big enough to warrant the resources.
    09-07-14 10:06 AM
    .....wait, wut? Give me that link to the Apple online store please. You do know it's rumored that the 5.5" iPhone variant will launch later, right?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 10:26 AM
    You don't follow Apple news that much, do you? All models since the iPhone 4 leaked in advance.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 10:30 AM
    Samsung launches both new devices and they are the most dominate android ie curved and non curve variants and even say they need support from developers for curved callout apps but still launch it.

Blackberry, holds off launching the phone that sooooooooo many want, but instead launch only the one ridiculed by sooo many early on... And will be a hard sell with a square screen. So utterly even a smaller niche them the classic. Zero reasoning behind not launching the classic.. Zero. Easy for them to say further enhancements in a os update will come optimizing the belt further but we felt soooo many were begging and waiting ..... Just as we did between 10.0 and 10.2 and now 10.3... Expect it to even get better ... As we fine tune the os for the belt
    What is this BlackBerry opposed to Apple and Samsung BS all the time? Can anybody elaborate please? Especially concerning the Classic?

Didn't you see the leaked strategy and product positioning slides of the current and upcoming roadmap? The BlackBerry Classic is targeted towards hesitant business dinosaurs still holding onto their BlackBerry 7 devices. It's meant for "enterprise fleet renewal" and has nothing to do with the Passport. The main types the Classic is targeted at are currently using Bold 9900 and 9930 devices and clearly don't give a F about one or the other additional month "waiting".

Posted via CB10
    undone and MidnightSociety like this.
    09-07-14 10:36 AM
78 123 ...