Well kiddies, I remember when it really was news......now it is just infotainment. One needs very big filters to be able to sift through the chaff to get to the kernels of grain....boy talk about mixed metaphors.
    Applicable to both sides of the mouthpieces. ..
    12-28-12 08:44 PM
    Boy that is the truth. Going to be a long month
    Life was simpler before the advent of microcomputer smartphones. Was it better? Ehhhhh....six of one, half a dozen of the other.
    12-28-12 08:46 PM
    Check again...the poster you quoted clearly said "in other countries except North America." This is true.
    That may have been true, it is not any longer. Last quarter Kantar WorldPanel showed RIM taking losses in market share of sale in EU5, Austrailia, Brazil and have no presence at all in China. In France, Spain, and Brazil the loss was major.

http://www.kantarworldpanel.com/Glob...ne-share-in-US
    12-28-12 08:58 PM
    It's Fox. A mediocre spokeschannel for the conservative right quoting a failing has-been internet giant. Trash will result.

That said....BB10 is make or break for RIM in the U.S. Anyone who hasn't got blinders on can see that.
    Stop getting your news from Madcow and the MSLSD crowd...
    12-28-12 09:54 PM
    Yes... Because utter fiction disguised as news by Fox puppets is a good thing. It's possible to not watch Fox and not watch Maddow (corrected because I find Madcow to be a very insulting term towards women, and I know that's what you were going for, and as a woman I didn't appreciate it), you know.

REDRUM. REDRUM. REDSGS3.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 12-28-12 at 11:19 PM.
    grover5 likes this.
    12-28-12 10:55 PM
    Jumping to conclusions and landing in a pile of bovine processed feed, love.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-28-12 11:22 PM
    Yes... Because utter fiction disguised as news by Fox puppets is a good thing. It's possible to not watch Fox and not watch Maddow (corrected because I find Madcow to be a very insulting term towards women, and I know that's what you were going for, and as a woman I didn't appreciate it), you know.

REDRUM. REDRUM. REDSGS3.
    Thank you.
    In typical provincial thinking, the incorrect assumption is Iwo dimensional.
    Maybe I should call Rush a vociferous rabid Rottweiler, but that would be an insult to Rottweilers..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    reeneebob and grover5 like this.
    12-28-12 11:28 PM
    Oh so maybe it is just a hoax that RIM is losing money each quarter and maybe RIM isn't loosing subscribers faster than they are gaining them? Maybe RIM just made all of that up.

Here are the latest numbers from South African carrier Vodacom:

RIM sold 300,000 BlackBerry phones - a growth of 12% over the previous quarter
    Android OEMs sold 500,000 Android phones - a growth of 40% over the previous quarter
    Apple sold 250,000 iPhones - a growth of 100% over the previous quarter

I can read whats going on in South Africa! Look BlackBerry growth has slowed considerably. The BlackBerry fad in South Africa and Nigeria is slowly dying. Just because North American ditched BlackBerry first, doesn't mean other countries aren't or wont follow.

Have you ever heard of TCL Communication? I haven't. Not once until about 5 minutes ago. But you know what? They are even beating RIM now. TCL sold 2.2% of the smartphones that were sold last quarter, while RIM only sold 2.1%. Now for the previous quarter, RIM was beating TCL. TCL = 2.0% while RIM = 2.9% . That is crazy that RIM is selling well in all these countries, yet still losing World-wide market share and can't even keep up with TCL.

2.1% of the smartphones that were sold last quarter were made by RIM. In what planet is that selling well?
    TCL is RCA re-branded......yep the world watches and follows the US (most times to its detriment) however the world dont follow the US very long in the phone market....the world is not feeling Apple hook line and sinker.....if the BB10 is good watch the WORLD dump the Andriod and the Apple....
    12-28-12 11:46 PM
    Heh. Reminds me of when, at Christmas dinner, my cousin asked me about Blackberry going bankrupt. Said he saw it on CNN.

I asked him why he trusted a mainstream news outlet on anything related to technology. These news organizations are better suited to reporting on which celeb couples are splitting up. What the best brand of toilet paper is. That's more their speed.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    12-28-12 11:52 PM
    I was going to say the same. Having left BlackBerry for Android there is nothing I have seen that remotely tempts me back. Every day I find new reasons to enjoy my S3. I cannot imagine going back to a BlackBerry. I have colleagues waiting to get a new phone who currently have BlackBerry and they are getting an S3 or iphone 5. I know several who can't wait to be done with their Blackberries. So I wonder where all these returnees are coming from. I know that here everyone loves BlackBerry, and that's understandable however outside the forum it's not the case. People may be surprised to find that not many love their BlackBerry at all. And even if they do, it probably wouldn't be enough.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    12-29-12 12:15 AM
    I was going to say the same. Having left BlackBerry for Android there is nothing I have seen that remotely tempts me back. Every day I find new reasons to enjoy my S3. I cannot imagine going back to a BlackBerry. I have colleagues waiting to get a new phone who currently have BlackBerry and they are getting an S3 or iphone 5. I know several who can't wait to be done with their Blackberries. So I wonder where all these returnees are coming from. I know that here everyone loves BlackBerry, and that's understandable however outside the forum it's not the case. People may be surprised to find that not many love their BlackBerry at all. And even if they do, it probably wouldn't be enough.

Well see, that is not my experience.
    I love my SGIII. I like my iPhone.And to be truthful my 9900 feels ancient.
    BUT I know that I am comparing an eighteen month old phone with a flagship Galaxy 3. And the comparison is unfair.
    HOWEVER that IS RIM's own fault. In a market as crowded and as volatile as this, a delay of eighteen months is industry suicide.
    I don't care why it happened and I don't care whose fault it is. As a consumer I look at my three phones and I can understand why someone would leave never to come back.
    I will be getting a Z10. I haven't left never to return. I still use my 9900, however minimally. But if my one contact for whom I keep that phone were to go to another device or get WhatsApp, my BB would be used only for banking.
    Each device has its strength and its weaknesses. At the moment and for the last three weeks, my SGIII has been a better choice for me. I am waiting for my Z10 to put my SGIII in the background.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    12-29-12 04:04 AM
    Looks like they picked up the Yahoo story...
    12-29-12 04:05 AM

It all depends where you live, my niece went from an iphone 3gs to a bold 9900 passing on an iphone 5. Why? Because she had one contact on imessage and 100+ on BBM and she can download all the music she wants directly to her phone for free. Now she just got a PlayBook for Christmas.

Yes, she loves being #TeamBlackBerry now.

PS the 500mb of data she has was being used within two weeks on her iphone and had to make do with just using wifi the rest of the month, she never gets near it on her 9900.
    12-29-12 04:29 AM
    You mean to tell that any of you actually watch and believe what the sNews says, on any network?
    grover5 likes this.
    12-29-12 05:40 AM
    You mean to tell that any of you actually watch and believe what the sNews says, on any network?
    That's the thing....I hardly ever watch network news!!! When I do catch tv it's mainly WETA UK. I subscribe to the New York Times Sunday edition, and I get that print.

On my phone I have CNN, BBC, Washington Post, Huffington Post, Los Angeles Times, Mother Jones, and yes, amazing as that may seem, Fox. I like to keep tabs on the conservative right and the Tea Party.

As I do with phones, I like to get my information from several sources.

Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-29-12 at 06:17 AM.
    Toodeurep and reeneebob like this.
    12-29-12 05:58 AM
    From what I see, the opinion of RIM fading in 2013 is not only limited to Fox News, but also common among several main stream sources, so I don't think it is fair to single out Fox News. If you look at the big picture, RIM and BB have been taking a big hit with reduced market share, net losses and lots of negative publicity in the last 2 years. So although I do not agree that RIM will fail in 2013, I do see their point of view.

But also what I see is the potential for RIM to make a turn around in 2013 with the impending release of the BB10 platform and Z10 models. The public perception from several people that I have spoken to is that BB is outdated and is yesterdays news, but I believe that it will change once the new blackberrys are released and they get the opportunity to try it. I have spoken to a couple of developers who prior to seeing the dev alpha had a negative view of BB, but that all changed once they had the opportunity to work with them.

If the BB10 launch is successful with an amazing set of handsets, and I don't have any reason to believe that it won't be, then you will see both the public and the main stream media changing their stance regarding RIM's overall prospects. Remember Apple was in a similar position in the mid-ninety's before it released in iPOD, iPhone and iPad. They went from 0 market share in the mobile industry to where they are in a few years.
    12-29-12 06:49 AM
    Fox News? They disappeared in 1999 for me, probably the last time I ever watched that stuff.
    12-29-12 10:07 AM
    I think BB10 is going to be successful and RIM will bounce off from the bottom. But, it doesn't matter how I think, the future will begin to unfold in 31 days.
    12-29-12 11:29 AM
    Had to laugh at the misdirected anger at Fox News. This story was out weeks ago. I read it on MSNBC!!
    12-29-12 11:51 AM
    Had to laugh at the misdirected anger at Fox News. This story was out weeks ago. I read it on MSNBC!!
    Interesting. I couldn't find it in msnbc.com.
    12-29-12 12:04 PM
    They just reported something on TV about brands that might be disappearing in 2013 and listed RIM as one of them. I know some news sources let people blog about whatever they want, but I thought they had to be sure if they were going to say it on national television. The link on TV said to go to myfoxla.com, but I couldn't find anything else on it.
    FOX News is probably paid by apple hahaha
    12-29-12 12:10 PM
    The Real News

Independent Media Center | www.indymedia.org | ((( i )))

Alternet | Alternative News and Information

That's the thing....I hardly ever watch network news!!! When I do catch tv it's mainly WETA UK. I subscribe to the New York Times Sunday edition, and I get that print.

On my phone I have CNN, BBC, Washington Post, Huffington Post, Los Angeles Times, Mother Jones, and yes, amazing as that may seem, Fox. I like to keep tabs on the conservative right and the Tea Party.

12-29-12 12:24 PM
    I like Fox News and I like Mass Effect.... Now you got me intrigued! Got a link?
    12-29-12 12:34 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/29/7unezeny.jpg
    Dont forget to add Reason.com
    12-29-12 12:52 PM
    Well see, that is not my experience.
    I love my SGIII. I like my iPhone.And to be truthful my 9900 feels ancient.
    BUT I know that I am comparing an eighteen month old phone with a flagship Galaxy 3. And the comparison is unfair.
    HOWEVER that IS RIM's own fault. In a market as crowded and as volatile as this, a delay of eighteen months is industry suicide.
    I don't care why it happened and I don't care whose fault it is. As a consumer I look at my three phones and I can understand why someone would leave never to come back.
    I will be getting a Z10. I haven't left never to return. I still use my 9900, however minimally. But if my one contact for whom I keep that phone were to go to another device or get WhatsApp, my BB would be used only for banking.
    Each device has its strength and its weaknesses. At the moment and for the last three weeks, my SGIII has been a better choice for me. I am waiting for my Z10 to put my SGIII in the background.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2

I have to agree with this. As Blackberry has been getting their stuff in gear, i have been wandering around the device universe with the following: iphone 3gs, Droid incredible, Droid 4, Droid incredible 4g LTE, Ipad1, Ipad 3, Nexus 7, and Samsung S3 (not all in that order). In the end, i am on my Droid Inc 4g LTE, Nexus 7, and Blackbery 9810.

I like the breadth of apps in Android and the constant improvement to Apps
    The ipad 3 screen was nice, and the LTE was convenient - but it was to heavy and bulky. To make it useable required a keyboard from logitech. IT doubled by carry/travel weight so I dumped it.
    Could not stand the fact that Iphone can't multitask even the loading of web pages
    The Samsung S3 was good, but the even though the screen was bigger, there was no additional information added. And, i did not like the overlay (interface was too non-intuitive.
    The Droid 4g LTE is pretty nice. I actually prefer the HTC overlay (or maybe I am just used to it) but email and calendar are pretty bad on Android. So, I relegate it to Maps, and Nav.

My BB9810 is my main driver. All communications, etc happen there. Music, twitter, 4SQ, etc.

And, I know many collegues who can't wait to ditch their Iphones and Androids to go back to BB as soon as it is out. Perhaps 4 confirmed people...

Also agree that comparing the Blackberries that were issued by companies is really not a true comparison. if you kept up with BB 7.1 - you would realize that it is not the same.

It all depends upon what your uses and priorities are. Games are not my thing. Overly social BS is not my thing either. So BB is the best for me. I think that as others get bored of that stuff, they will realize that communcating with their real friends, sending pics, etc is core - the BB strength - and they might come back.

BB10 is not a silver bullet - but it is very exciting - and people always like new stuff...
    12-29-12 12:53 PM
89 1234