Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
10-24-13 10:08 AM
53 123
tools
    I invited my friend and it says click here to download and ask that person to invite you again. Why not just make one link for install and add?

Secondly I sent a text to invite and he can't click on the pin to add. Why the hell not? You should be able to add people by simply clicking on pin. What do you expect me to do, write down the pin? Now he has to invite me back and I can click on the pin then invite him again!

Man that's pretty ridiculous. I'm trying hard to get my friends to use a new platform and BlackBerry you're not making it easy.

PS sorry for venting here instead of BlackBerry because BlackBerry is too dumb to have an app for feedbacks and suggestions.

JayZ10
    Attached Thumbnails Seriously BlackBerry: can you make it harder to add people to BBM?-0_edit.png  
    Last edited by jaylysf; 10-23-13 at 12:23 PM.
    monica_love likes this.
    10-23-13 11:49 AM
    Updated title.

There are many ways to invite people, also keep in mind rendering text messages etc is device specific (based on the OS), and it may work different for some rather than others. You can always send an invite directly from the app to their BBID or PIN and it will work.
    diegonei and southlander like this.
    10-23-13 11:53 AM
    Have a glass of water, go outside have a deep breath and enjoy life, there is more than bbm in life my friend

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    10-23-13 11:56 AM
    Agree with the OP. They need to streamline this process and make it easier.
    10-23-13 11:59 AM
    I attempted to scan a barcode to join a group on my Nexus 4 but it doesn't appear to work. I imagine cross platform will cause some issues.
    10-23-13 12:01 PM
    I agree as well, but it is very complicaded to make things work exactly the same in three different platforms.

I'd go with the "link to download" only route. Your friend can shout for the PIN...
    10-23-13 12:05 PM
    My friend with a gs3 sent me his pin I clicked it and it added right away. Maybe we were just lucky.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 12:07 PM
    They need to make YOUR PIN appear more readily in the app. If I'm not mistaken, on BB10, you have to go to the phone's settings, and then to hardware, to get that info. PIN needs to be readily available in BBM, and you need to have the option to just type in someone else's PIN and add them as a contact. I fooled with BBM for a while yesterday and it doesn't seem that either of these functionalities are present.
    monica_love likes this.
    10-23-13 12:08 PM
    I dunno, guys...I just posted my PIN on Facebook and my friends were able to add me...

Sorry that you're all having troubles. It seems to work well for me...

I will try the QR Code scan as well and see what happens there.
    10-23-13 12:10 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...4/#post9390732

As far as barcode scanning it works Nexus 7 no issues at all.
    10-23-13 12:10 PM
    I invited my friend and it says click here to download and ask that person to invite you again. Why not just make one link for install and add?

Secondly I sent a text to invite and he can't click on the pin to add. Why the hell not? You should be able to add people by simply clicking on pin. What do you expect me to do, write down the pin? Now he has to invite me back and I can click on the pin then invite him again!

Man that's pretty ridiculous. I'm trying hard to get my friends to use a new platform and BlackBerry you're not making it easy.

PS sorry for venting here instead of BlackBerry because BlackBerry is too dumb to have an app for feedbacks and suggestions.

JayZ10
    Clicking on pins in text works fine on my q10

Posted via CB10
    sugarcookiegal likes this.
    10-23-13 12:11 PM
    If you go to invite from an Android or iOS device it gives the following text:

"On BlackBerry devices click pin:12345678 to add me to BBM. On Android or iPhone devices, click www. pin.bbm. com/12345678 to add me or download BBM". Have that in your signature line and you are golden. Remember to remove spaces in the URL
    10-23-13 12:12 PM
    Asking for help does work OP
    10-23-13 12:26 PM
    They need to make YOUR PIN appear more readily in the app. If I'm not mistaken, on BB10, you have to go to the phone's settings, and then to hardware, to get that info. PIN needs to be readily available in BBM, and you need to have the option to just type in someone else's PIN and add them as a contact. I fooled with BBM for a while yesterday and it doesn't seem that either of these functionalities are present.
    That is one way to find your pin...

However, in BBM on BB10 (I think legacy, too), you can touch your name on the BBM screen, then click show Barcode. This screen shows a bar code and a human readable pin.

You can also swipe down from the top while in BBM, touch scan to invite, then show my barcode at the bottom.

And you can type mypin and have the keyboard autocorrect it to your PIN.
    CDM76 and MPLexus301 like this.
    10-23-13 12:29 PM
    Have a glass of water, go outside have a deep breath and enjoy life, there is more than bbm in life my friend

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    No there isn't.
    10-23-13 12:31 PM
    Barcode or use BlackBerry ID (email). Those two are the easiest

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 12:32 PM
    Pin is in BBM under the barcode

Posted with BlackBerry Z10
    10-23-13 12:34 PM
    In BBM, tap the top (blue) box where your name and picture are. Tap the Show Barcode button at the bottom. Your Barcode and PIN are shown. You can even tap Copy PIN button to add it to the clipboard.
    10-23-13 12:35 PM
    Copy/paste?

JayZ10

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 12:36 PM
    You are mistaken but its ok, we're all family here lol

BBM > Your Profile > Show Barcode > Copy PIN (if you need to send it to someone)

What exactly do you mean by "option to type in someone else's PIN and add them as a contact"? This is exactly how you can add someone.
    BBM > Menu (3 lines on the left side) > Invites > Invite to BBM (right in the middle of the screen) > type their PIN in the "To:" field > it will recognize it as a PIN and add it > Send

OR

BBM > Overflow Menu (3 dots on the right side) > Invite to BBM > type their PIN in the "To:" field > it will recognize it as a PIN and add it > Send

Now, if you mean that you can just randomly type their PIN into any text field and it should recognize it and initiate BBM Invite, I dunno what to tell you, although that may be an interesting feature if you can disable it. Some might be into that but I wouldn't be.
    MPLexus301 likes this.
    10-23-13 12:39 PM
    Is this not because of the PIN. and that the invitation is specific to PIN - PIN communication.

So if i 'invite' you but you do not have a pin, then technically you can forward that invite to anyone and they can accept it and then have my PIN. Doing it this way means that both parties have to ACCEPT each other once they both have PINs and profiles set up.

It prevents people from getting people they do not know on their BBM contact list.
    10-23-13 12:40 PM
    On my Z10 my PIN is right in the app under my info...same place I use to change my status or photo. I can display the barcode or just the alphanumeric PIN....seems VERY easy to me
    10-23-13 12:54 PM
    I have to agree. It's been harder than I expected. I loved how they did it on BlackBerry 10 where they made recommendations based on your contacts and you clicked Invite. Much easier, IMO.
    10-23-13 12:56 PM
    Typing "mypin" in any text field will bring up your pin number. For bb10 devices, not sure about others

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 01:21 PM
    Typing "mypin" in any text field will bring up your pin number. For bb10 devices, not sure about others

Posted via CB10
    This is for all BlackBerry's. Plus I believe this works in the iOS and Android BBM apps as well.

So if you're on Android, and type mypin and hit space in the BBM app somewhere, it will bring it up.
    10-23-13 01:29 PM
53 123