I have no idea why the US launch is later. Several ideas mentioned make sense. The main thing is, we'll never know. Nobody owes us an explanation.

I'm more surprised that no US carrier has yet announced a firm release date, even as February is winding up. There's an indication that T-mobile would like to get the Z10 in the stores soon, but no date has been announced. So I have to wonder what's preventing them from just doing it. Is it a matter of waiting for BlackBerry to fill a large order?
    02-21-13 09:21 AM
    Wouldn't you love to be a fly on Thorsten's wall and on the walls of the US carriers? I cannot imagine all the issues that Thorsten has to consider, juggle and resolve.
    02-22-13 12:31 PM
    Maybe the free masons don't want us to have such a spectacular device??? Anyone???
    02-22-13 08:34 PM
    I think we all want to see a brawl when what is going on is a marathon. BB will grow over the next several years, not the last two months. When I watched the 'unveiling" I was very disappointed. I realized that growth is over time and never fast enough. When I hear that android and apple are the two big boys and a distant third is the only thing two consider I always think wait 3 months, it will change.
    02-22-13 10:16 PM
    Not have read the above posters I have 1 conclusion on what's taking so long.

Windows 8.

Microsoft invested tons into carriers to market and they don't want competition.

The fact that all carriers received the gold os at the same time and all around the world is launching but the us tells you its not rims fault....

Sent from my game boy color
    02-22-13 10:58 PM
    I have no idea why the US launch is later. Several ideas mentioned make sense. The main thing is, we'll never know. Nobody owes us an explanation.

I'm more surprised that no US carrier has yet announced a firm release date, even as February is winding up. There's an indication that T-mobile would like to get the Z10 in the stores soon, but no date has been announced. So I have to wonder what's preventing them from just doing it. Is it a matter of waiting for BlackBerry to fill a large order?
    I wonder if the U.S carriers are still trying to figure out a way to charge customers for bbm voice/video...
    02-23-13 01:55 PM
    I wonder if the U.S carriers are still trying to figure out a way to charge customers for bbm voice/video...
    Do they charge for separatly Facetime or Skype? It's data, they'll charge you if you run over your limit.
    02-23-13 04:17 PM
    Do they charge for separatly Facetime or Skype? It's data, they'll charge you if you run over your limit.
    Correct. But did you see that carrier that was going to eat the cost of your bbm related data for a year. Leads us to believe 3-4G video chat will be available no matter what carrier.

Sent from my game boy color
    02-24-13 12:36 AM
33 12