http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/i-fo...ng-use-570277/

Crackberry do you want to become known as the website where folks come to to get info to use phones they find and make no attempt to find or return the phone to the owner?

This poster should be banned and post removed in my opinion!
    Last edited by stardotstar; 12-25-10 at 10:37 PM.
    12-25-10 09:48 PM
    I made my thoughts on the subject matter very clear in that thread. I, in no way at all, condone keeping found merchandise for personal use.

A ban might be a bit excessive, but a warning and removal of the thread might be in order.
    12-25-10 09:55 PM
    Your post looks just fine to me, I don't see a serious problem with it. Even the link seems to function right. If the "check post" light comes back on, bring it back in and we'll try to diagnose it...
    rrrebo likes this.
    12-25-10 10:09 PM
    Your post looks just fine to me, I don't see a serious problem with it. Even the link seems to function right. If the "check post" light comes back on, bring it back in and we'll try to diagnose it...
    This post is full of pure win!!
    12-25-10 10:13 PM
    Thanks, sandman. That is all.
    12-25-10 10:49 PM
    It's all closed now.
    stardotstar likes this.
    12-25-10 10:55 PM
    and this one will be closed too probably. the other one was closed for a reason, this thread is just gonna start a similar problem.

btw the OP in the other thread shouldve returned the phone. just because he found the phone, doesnt make it not a theft. the definition of theft is depriving the rightful owner of the item or use of it.
    12-26-10 12:10 AM
    Yes I posted this because I did not initially know how to report the original thread.

Your definition is correct and that is what he did, he is a thief! It became a theft when he maintained it and deprived the owner of it! Dont encourage folks like this!
    12-26-10 05:53 AM
    I never buy "parking lot bargins either". When yoiu purchase something from someone that has ripped it off from someone else, IMHO, YOU are ENCOURAGING T H E F T !!!!!!!

If the thief has no clients, stealing should slow down/stop.

IMO, what should have been done, was either find out WHO the carrier was, and take it to the nearest place of business, OR at worst go through the phone, and find the HOME # and call the people.

Keeping the phone IMO is theft !!!! Plain and simple !!!!!!
    stardotstar likes this.
    12-26-10 07:02 AM
    That is why for whatever reason someone has to pull the battery, my name and number is on the inside of the battery cover.

Least in hopes there are some honest people out there.

And I always passlock my phone, so unless they got extremely lucky....

Lol at Sandman!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-10 08:05 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/i-fo...ng-use-570277/

Crackberry do you want to become known as the website where folks come to to get info to use phones they find and make no attempt to find or return the phone to the owner?

This poster should be banned and post removed in my opinion!
    Over 200 posts and you do not yet know how to use the 'Report a Post' option?
    12-26-10 08:11 AM
    I was wondering what the OP's intent was by advertising that he was a thief, other than ruining his reputation on this forum.
    12-26-10 08:32 AM
    Over 200 posts and you do not yet know how to use the 'Report a Post' option?

Sorry never felt the need before! But thanks for your comments!
    12-26-10 01:22 PM
    -_-

mymymy that is all.

Edit: yeah, thread was closed by a mod

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-10 01:26 PM
    I'm just surprised that people wanted to help this ****. CB is a very helping community, but there needs to be a line drawn. Hats off to the Mods for locking down the post and banning the thief.
    12-26-10 01:42 PM
    I agree with what Heavy Fluid said in that thread and I agree with the way he said it, he gave his opinion clearly and forthrightly without starting a witchhunt.

If everyone here who ever downloaded pirated music or ever failed to return to a restaurant when they discovered they had been undercharged were banned it would be a much smaller forum. We don't know this opening poster with the found Torch nor do we know what his life has been like.
    So while it's right to say our piece and even call him out as Heavy Fluid did I think some of the angry mob "Won't somebody please think of the children!!!" reactions have been a bit over the top.
    12-26-10 01:54 PM
    We don't know this opening poster with the found Torch nor do we know what his life has been.
    That right there invalidates your case. When you start looking for reasons to excuse bad and or illegal behavior, you abdicate anyone and everyone for all misdeeds. A wrong, is a wrong, is a wrong. Taking into consideration a person's background does not invalidate a person's innate sense of right and wrong.
    12-26-10 02:09 PM
    First, I'm not looking for reasons to "excuse" simply suggesting that there may be reasons to explain. Explaining is not excusing. Explaining doesn't make you say a bad action is good, it merely affects the penalty you feel should be imposed for the action which you agree is bad.
    Second, you're assuming that we have "an innate sense of right and wrong", while I think that, to some extent, we do, I also think you'd have a tough time arguing that people have an innate sense that keeping things you find is wrong. The "innate sense" if it exists, only goes so far and much of our "morality" is culture / tradition specific.
    I think the idea of Karma is nonsense. Many people having a go at the opening poster in the other thread though were using the idea of karma to attack him. The opening poster, however, felt it was karma that he finally found a phone after losing many. The same concept lead people to draw very different conclusions about his action.
    Again, I think karma is nonsense. I also think that the guy who found the phone should have tried to track down the rightful owner. I think he was wrong and it was right of H fluid and others to have a go at him. But I wouldn't go so far as to call the guy a p.o.s. as other posters in that thread did nor look for the "p.o.s." to be banned.
    Last edited by Brazen9000; 12-26-10 at 03:06 PM.
    12-26-10 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD