Hi everyone,

First I wanted to start off by saying I am by no means a security expert on anything but I have a few questions.

With all the recent security hacks on corporations lately such as JP Morgan, Target, Home Depot, Sony Pictures just to name a few this cyber terrorism lately is getting scary.

What is Blackberry's role here to become part of a package to help defend these type of attacks?

What capabilities does Blackberry's network have to move beyond mobile devices, tablets etc? What about computer email, Visa/Mastercard type transactions and other types of date that's secured on companies ans governments servers?

The reason why I am asking these questions is because we all know how strong BB security is and John Chen and company emphasize this all the time and events, earnings calls etc. What we don't hear is any sort of press from the media regarding specific situations in perhaps what lead to the breach. Everyone knows people and companies need to prep for disasters but I would like to know how someone like BB can take advantage of this and expand their reach to help prevent these type of attacks going forward.

Sorry for the long post

Posted via CB10
    ezapper2 likes this.
    12-17-14 09:36 PM
    Good questions. Hopefully Chen has people working on it. Not exactly sure what they could do though.
    12-21-14 08:50 PM
    It's not the mobile environment that was hacked in any of the case so unless all these businesses want to start running QNX as their desktop and their server back end (they have a desktop client, don't think they have a server one offering) then I don't believe there's a play to be made.

All this can do is highlight the need for security and hopefully BlackBerry can release solutions for the average user that will make the security conscious come back to stick with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:54 PM
    It's not the mobile environment that was hacked in any of the case so unless all these businesses want to start running QNX as their desktop and their server back end (they have a desktop client, don't think they have a server one offering) then I don't believe there's a play to be made.

All this can do is highlight the need for security and hopefully BlackBerry can release solutions for the average user that will make the security conscious come back to stick with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    PC Mag recently published what appears to be an editorial appealing to CEOs to take mobile security more seriously. The best way to start they say? Call BlackBerry and ask about BlackBerry Enterprise Server. It's a pretty strong endorsement for BlackBerry over other solutions. Sure, many of these hacks aren't mobile based but mobile security is part of "hardening" enterprise data systems. Here's the link.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2473902,00.asp

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 09:02 PM
    I feel these companies are not doing enough to strengthen their security measures and force the use of the newer credit card chip technology. These companies make hundreds of millions of dollars and they are more concerned with profitability then updating their security measures.

What bothers me more is that some of them have waited months before actually admitting they where breached. The is a serious issue and should be a top priority in getting fixed. I am getting to the point where I am using cash more and more, they haven't figured out a way to hack that as far as I know.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-21-14 09:05 PM