I am new to blackberry and I have a lot to learn but I'm finding this site very helpful. Thanks!

I have a Curve 8330 and I 'need' to set up distinct alerts for text messages and voicemails. I've read a lot here and it seems that both of these draw from the SMS profile. Is there an app I can buy (or some other way around this) to allow me to make texts and voicemails have different tones? Not customized per contact, just a blanket distinction.

Thanks!
    08-15-09 10:57 PM
    im not sure if berrybuzz changes the tones, but you can set different LED lights for it.
    08-16-09 01:17 AM
    You can set your SMS tones , MMS tones, Ring tones, Email tones this way to go to your profiles (icon ), click it then scroll down to advance and click on that, then use the Blackberry button and choose edit from the selection that you have to pick from there .Then you will see where you can change the sounds for you email,messenger, messsenger alerts,MMS.Phone, SMS text. But I guess you can get an app to change them with also ....as far as that goes your choice .I change my sounds for different applications that way though. So to summerize its>Go to Profiles>>Advanced>>"Active" Profile and all your options will be available from there
    Last edited by DavidNC; 08-16-09 at 07:56 AM. Reason: added stuff
    08-16-09 07:30 AM
    The voice mail and SMS alerts are the same. You can't change that. Changing the LED alert via a third party application is your best bet.
    08-16-09 07:42 AM
    Hi!
    This site good
    interphoncards pushline com/]
    calling card cell phones
    08-16-09 07:48 AM
    The voice mail and SMS alerts are the same. You can't change that. Changing the LED alert via a third party application is your best bet.
    Thank you very much. This is what I wanted to confirm.
    08-16-09 11:57 PM
    Berrybuzz is an awesome app. I have my missed calls set off a green LED and my SMS set of a blue one.
    08-17-09 12:08 AM
    Thank you very much for the advice as well. The original SMS tone was getting on my nerves!
    08-17-09 12:09 AM
    My friend has tmobile and has different led lights pre-programmed. I have alltel and don't have that option. Will berry buzz work for mine? I have the curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 03:51 AM
    Please go to profiles.

Then scroll down to advance.

Choose the profile you will need.

then go to sms text

Then you can change the out of holster and in holster tone.

You can also change your volume here as well

At the very bottom you can also have it notify you during calls as well.

I am new to blackberry and I have a lot to learn but I'm finding this site very helpful. Thanks!

I have a Curve 8330 and I 'need' to set up distinct alerts for text messages and voicemails. I've read a lot here and it seems that both of these draw from the SMS profile. Is there an app I can buy (or some other way around this) to allow me to make texts and voicemails have different tones? Not customized per contact, just a blanket distinction.

Thanks!
    08-19-09 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD