I have not had nearly as much fun since I used Blackberry. I also have not found any device I've used since (about 3 years) to be nearly as functional and as user-friendly as Blackberry. I hate the touch-screen only option. Device makers are assuming that smartphone users all are the same. We're not. Some of us actually use our devices for work! Apps drive me crazy and do nothing but distract. When I said Blackberry is "fun" it's because Blackberry was responsive, like a good dance partner. Yes, some of us still enjoy dancing and reading a hard copy book or magazine.

I won't be suckered into chasing another device that makes me spend three times the effort swiping or smearing the screen when all I want to do is email, check the web, text or talk. Sure, I like the other options, but a smartphone for me is a tool, not a toy.

Could someone tell me whether I could buy a Blackberry without being tied to a contract with one of those bully providers? I've become a huge fan of no-contract plans. Does Blackberry work with such services?

So glad Blackberry hasn't given up. I hope consumers are savvy enough to see that the bad spin is generated from competitors who don't like that BB might be coming back. Even if it's not the coolest device perceived by the masses, I know it works for me, and that's what I want. Thank you, Mr. Chen!
    MH in SC, US
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    01-19-14 11:14 AM
    If you are in Canada, I believe Kodo has the Q5 for a good price on pay as you go / no contract. Mother in law us with them and recently upgraded her curve to the Q5.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    01-19-14 11:21 AM
    you can buy unlocked BB10 on ebay? many in our forums market place as well. Oh, and I forgot to welcome you to CrackBerry ... so Welcome!!
    01-19-14 11:26 AM
    You can get a phone direct from BB unlocked if you want to buy new.

BB store
    BlackBerry Unlocked Smartphones - ShopBlackBerry.com

There a few providers out there that do pay as you go, and will work fine with current BB10 devices!
    01-19-14 12:10 PM