As part of my job I have to send 12's letters to clients every day
    Since I have their mobile number (and company berry ) I decided to message them instead

Typed out the message as an email, sent it to my BB then forwarded as a sms

Typing in all those mobile numbers (10 per message max) is time consuming and very fiddly on the BB keyboard

Wondering if there's a way to prepare a string of mobile numbers on PC and forward them to BB, copy/paste them into 'To' box in one go

Is there text format for multi addresses? 5478674;47831784;478397 ??
    12-20-10 12:47 PM
    Add the phone numbers as contacts in your BB...under contacts push menu and you'll see new group. Name the group whatever you want and add as many contacts as you want, then you can just select that group and it will automatically input all of their numbers for sending your SMS.
    12-20-10 01:23 PM
    I tried adding a contact list with Outlook first of all but you cant add just phone numbers (only email addresses) - or you have to add each number to a separate contact which would take longer than typing just numbers in
    12-20-10 01:43 PM
    Yeah you'll have to just type the phone numbers into your bb one time to make a group then you'll never have to do it again.
    12-20-10 04:05 PM
    Keep in mind that you may be blacklisted by one or more carriers as a spammer for doing this.
    12-20-10 04:24 PM
    Keep in mind that you may be blacklisted by one or more carriers as a spammer for doing this.
    That maybe the case if it was spam - in this case these are our clients appointments
    12-20-10 05:05 PM
    Take it nobody knows how to string phone numbers together?

email addresses are usually separated by semi colon

fhdsjk@hfjd; fhdjsk@gshj
    12-20-10 05:06 PM
    The desires of your intended recipients has no bearing on automated filters. If you send a certain number of SMS messages in a specific amount of time, you get blocked automatically.

Each carrier has different limits. Sending 12 messages in a burst should be fine (or even three or four times that many), but if your client base increases significantly, tread carefully when mass-messaging.
    12-20-10 05:08 PM
    The answer has been given.

Create a Group. Send to the Group.

You only have to set up the group once and then you will have it. This can't possibly take more time than you are already spending on the issue.
    aparkins30 likes this.
    12-20-10 05:29 PM
    The answer has been given.

Create a Group. Send to the Group.

You only have to set up the group once and then you will have it. This can't possibly take more time than you are already spending on the issue.
    The clients/numbers are different each week so creating fixed group is no use - hence i'm looking for method of adding numbers using PC and sending to BB rather than type them in using BB

Maybe even create string of numbers 12345,67890,890123 to copy/paste but haven't found successful format yet
    12-20-10 05:36 PM
    Then you are likely better off sending the information a different way.
    12-20-10 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD