Hello. I have read and reread a lot of posts around here, and I'm getting mixed messages. I'm trying to figure out how I can get my AT&T Torch to send and receive MMS messages without BB Data. I know, your first answer is going to be "Get data." That is not an option right now. There has to be a way to do this. Someone's gota know something!!

LOL! I'm not being pushy. I'm just going out of my head here with all these posts and I can't figure out what to try. Someone said upgrading to the newest OS and then pulling the battery and sim chip, putting the battery back in w/o the sim chip and letting the phone fully boot up, then pulling the battery and replacing the sim would work. Anybody know anything about this?
    10-04-11 05:23 PM
    Hello. I have read and reread a lot of posts around here, and I'm getting mixed messages. I'm trying to figure out how I can get my AT&T Torch to send and receive MMS messages without BB Data. I know, your first answer is going to be "Get data." That is not an option right now. There has to be a way to do this. Someone's gota know something!!

LOL! I'm not being pushy. I'm just going out of my head here with all these posts and I can't figure out what to try. Someone said upgrading to the newest OS and then pulling the battery and sim chip, putting the battery back in w/o the sim chip and letting the phone fully boot up, then pulling the battery and replacing the sim would work. Anybody know anything about this?
    Forgive me if I am wrong, but I think you can receive both SMS and MMS over the SMS gateway network, without needing data...
    10-04-11 05:29 PM
    Forgive me if I am wrong, but I think you can receive both SMS and MMS over the SMS gateway network, without needing data...
    Not on a BlackBerry. You need data for MMS.
    10-04-11 05:33 PM
    Not on a BlackBerry. You need data for MMS.
    Thank you for correcting me - information sharing at its finest. I find that interesting though,
    10-04-11 05:48 PM
    That is interesting. Dumb Phones can send and receive MMS without data but a smartphone has to have it. That sucks...talk about carriers forcing money from you.
    10-04-11 05:52 PM
    That is interesting. Dumb Phones can send and receive MMS without data but a smartphone has to have it. That sucks...talk about carriers forcing money from you.
    Makes ya wonder, doesn't it?
    10-04-11 06:12 PM
    Well then your choice is to get a dumbphone lol either way BB require Data Plans.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-11 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD