can someone help me in regards to the following...trying to send pics with my blackberry with bluetooth to a cell phone that also have bluetooth...the devices are paired but nowhere on my BB does it says I can send with bluetooth...please help me Thanks
    07-01-08 01:40 PM
    can someone help me in regards to the following...trying to send pics with my blackberry with bluetooth to a cell phone that also have bluetooth...the devices are paired but nowhere on my BB does it says I can send with bluetooth...please help me Thanks
    Select a picture in the pictures folder, click menu, and both send using bluetooth and receive using bluetooth options will show up.
    07-01-08 01:45 PM
    When you're viewing the picture, hit the blackberry button (the 7 dots), and hit send using bluetooth. It'll have a list of paired devices. Select which one and there you go!

Edit: Damn, too slow
    07-01-08 01:47 PM
    It doesn't give me the option to send with bluetooth that's what I don't understand...
    07-01-08 01:50 PM
    Could you, please, explain what steps you're doing so it'll be easier to pin point?
    07-01-08 01:52 PM
    I paired the devices together and that worked fine. Then I went in my BB to the pic I want to send and click on it for the options. There is no sending with bluetooth in there.
    07-01-08 01:54 PM
    Is the picture in full screen view? If so, at least on mine, there's an option at the bottom of the menu that says "Send Using Bluetooth." It's above the Switch Application/Close option.
    07-01-08 01:58 PM
    No only see send as email not send using bluetooth...
    07-01-08 02:02 PM
    After opening the pic, hit menu - you don't see this option?

07-01-08 02:07 PM
    The next screen is the list of paired devices -

07-01-08 02:08 PM
    Thank you for the screenshots Chaz lol, what program do you use? /train
    07-01-08 02:10 PM
    I use Rove Mobile - Rove Mobile Viewer for BlackBerry

Works great.
    07-01-08 02:12 PM
    Thanks downloaded it now . To OP, any luck?
    07-01-08 02:24 PM
    How do i sync my blackberry with my wifes voyager? Im att, shes verizon. can i do it?
    07-01-08 04:36 PM
    I'm not sure that you can sync devices. I haven't tried. You can certainly pair them and exchange information: pictures and your address book. Bluetooth doesn't care that you have different carriers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 04:47 PM
    I'm not sure that you can sync devices. I haven't tried. You can certainly pair them and exchange information: pictures and your address book. Bluetooth doesn't care that you have different carriers.

Yeah, bluetooth is just the universal standard set for a personal area network. It shouldn't care about carriers or brands etc... Sync'ing though, I doubt. What do you mean by sync?
    07-01-08 04:52 PM
    Guess not sync, but how do I send pics and stuff through Bluetooth?

07-01-08 09:56 PM
    Pair the two devices. Go into Media/Pictures/select a picture. Options/Send Using Bluetooth. Pictures you have to do one at a time.

Sending the address book will depend on the capabilities of both the sending and receiving device. My 8830 can only send name cards to my wife's VX9400. At least, that's all I've been able to get it to do so far. The bluetooth menu has entries for transferring the address book, but only a single name card comes across. This could be operator error on my part, as well.

Let us know what results you get.
    07-01-08 10:13 PM
    How do i pair the 2 devices? If i go to send pic using bluetooth, i only get 2 devices. How do i pair up with her phone before i send pics via bluetooth? thanks!
    07-02-08 04:56 AM
    The steps to pair bluetooth devices vary too much from device to device for me to give you specific step-by-step instructions. Generically, make one of the devices "discoverable." Then have the other device search for bluetooth devices. It will find the one you've made "discoverable." Enter passcodes if prompted. 0000 is almost universally used. After you've paired, be sure to turn off "discoverable" mode.

Then go into Bluetooth properties, select the device, device options, and set Trusted to Yes.

Hopefully these instructions will get you close enough that you can figure out any differences.
    07-02-08 08:47 AM
    Thanks jeff, ill try something...lol Just gettin used to this blackberry thing... One more question if you can help. I have the pearl 8100, and sometimes when someone sends me something it will come up with a message saying it is too big or something and deleted by some adaptation. is there any way that i can receive these things or am i just sol?
    07-02-08 03:33 PM
    I'm not really sure what you're seeing with that error message. If it happens again, post the text of the error message and somebody can probably figure it out. Or you could google the error message and possibly find an explanation.

07-02-08 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD