I recently asked our blackberry administrator if it was possible to have my normal work email ([email protected]) redirected to my BBerry 8100 (which it currently is) and ALSO have another email box which I own ([email protected]) redirected to the same device.

We are a notes shop, have an enterprise server and do not allow personal email (Yahoo, Hotmail etc) to be delivered to our devices - in case this helps with the response.

The answer I received from our admin was that 'no, 2 email in-boxes cannot be redirected to the same device' - only she did not sound too sure.

Has anyone tried to do this, or is it even possible?

Thanks...
    01-14-09 03:21 PM
    I hardly would believe that's true. My storm has 2 emails routed to it and it can route up to 10.
    Try finding your email setup wizard and you should easily be able to add another email.
    01-14-09 05:26 PM
    I don't know for sure about the BES side - although I will be surprised if it can't handle multiple accounts to a single device.

IAC there's a workaround. On the Notes side it should be simple to auto-forward or auto-cc any mailbox to any other mailbox. Almost every server in the world supports this if the admin gets of her a$$ and sets it up.

Tell the admin to RTFM. When you get a blank look, spell it out. Read The F(ull) Manual
    01-14-09 05:26 PM
    I hardly would believe that's true. My storm has 2 emails routed to it and it can route up to 10.
    Try finding your email setup wizard and you should easily be able to add another email.
    The OP is on BES so the device is controlled by the BES admin, and in this case the company policy prohibits installing BIS accounts. I thought that a BES seever supports only one domain but I might be wrong. I am not a BES admin, hopefully one will stop by to provide a definitve answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 09:59 PM
    The OP is on BES so the device is controlled by the BES admin, and in this case the company policy prohibits installing BIS accounts. I thought that a BES seever supports only one domain but I might be wrong. I am not a BES admin, hopefully one will stop by to provide a definitve answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Both mailboxes requested appear to be on the same domain, so this should not be an issue except by the admin's inertia.
    01-15-09 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD