6jT2'!iQh➉Zņz2rrui2 &JyE;j^akgjy zi2& ^NƲMu׍oM {^^镨r 0Uꊉ 4=ɝ5ͅ4 ɴ 4) ɹ Ʉ)MЁ 4M5ȰĀ 4(4! ɹ4)́$ɕѥс͉С̰ MЁɹ*Ձɝ镀 กѱ彁ݥСɽ́ȁ̰Х *AєՔ$сɽ͝I QɽɽՁєѐ
    Օ%ѥɽɸͰٕ䁥ЁձЁ չЁ̙͡ɕєɅ́Ɂͽɽѕ ͽՐفѹ䀵ѕչЁ́٥́ ́ $$䡕Ձɕ͕ȁՁեнȁݕ* MՁٕнєȁՅ ɰȁЀɥ ѡѽ䁥셱єɅ́ɔѥ́ ɥнѡ́ɔͽɕ4
    ԁ͵нѡ%ѡɔݡձͥ ѡ

That was a very important email that a coworker sent from his blackberry. He's not the only person with the problem. Any ideas? We're on an exchange server with no blackberry software installed. Our IT guy is dumbfounded and this issue has been going on for a long time now.

-Ryan
    05-26-11 11:48 AM
    Looks like an encoding issue. Try making a backup of the phone, removing inessential languages, and send it again.

And the usual; when did it start, what happened before it started, does it happen every time, et cetera.
    05-26-11 01:44 PM
    Looks like an encoding issue. Try making a backup of the phone, removing inessential languages, and send it again.

And the usual; when did it start, what happened before it started, does it happen every time, et cetera.
    I'm not sure if this is has any correlation or if its just coincidence. The problem is more evident on a new or replacement phone. It seems that when a new phone is setup the person has this email problem. I've tried a few different things regarding languages and such. Infact my phone did a shink-a-os and ditched all of the language packs and unnecessary junk to see if it would resolve it.

This far here's the things that I've found.
    -Problem is with 3+ phones out of ~15 or so.
    -Only phones that have been setup within the year (problem has existed for a long time).
    -Having verizon reconfigure emails hasn't made a change.
    -Multiple model phones with each one having had OS updates. Still no change.

I've suspected the problem being with our exchange server however why are only a few having the issue? Definitely weird.

-Ryan
    05-26-11 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD