Does anybody know how to send calendar appointments to other blackberries? In Outlook you can send out meeting invitations and if the receipent accepts the invite then the meeting shows up in their calendar. Is this possible with blackberries without using Outlook of course. For example I might like to send a calendar appointment to my wife saying supper at Restauraunt and at a specified time then it would show up in her calendar in her blackberry. Thanks.
    01-26-09 12:09 AM
    You can highlight the appointment, push menu, and there is a send as MMS option. I don't know if this will accomplish what you are asking since I don't know anyone else with a BB to test it.
    01-26-09 12:40 AM
    It doesn't appear that I have the send as MMS option. That could be because I am on Sprint wth OS v4.3 That sounds like that would accomplish what I am looking to do though. I need to figure some other way around it I guess. Thanks.
    01-26-09 12:54 AM
    You can highlight the appointment, push menu, and there is a send as MMS option. I don't know if this will accomplish what you are asking since I don't know anyone else with a BB to test it.
    Now I have v4.5 on my sprint bb and do have the option for send as MMS. However, when I do the recipient receives the MMS calendar appointment only as text on the screen and no option to directly save the appointment to their calendar.

Does anybody have experience sharing calendar appointments. Thanks.
    02-09-09 08:04 AM
    Send it to an email linked to their blackberry - is the most simple....Even their BB email addy
    02-09-09 08:20 AM
    Create the appointment then open it and then hit menu again and invite attendee that will do what you need.
    02-09-09 08:20 AM
    Now I have v4.5 on my sprint bb and do have the option for send as MMS. However, when I do the recipient receives the MMS calendar appointment only as text on the screen and no option to directly save the appointment to their calendar.

Does anybody have experience sharing calendar appointments. Thanks.
    I have the same problem! Did you ever get anywhere with this?
    06-03-09 06:32 PM
    When your creating the appointment just hit the menu key and invite attendee. It takes you to your address book select the email to use. Then it will send them an invite. The ok it and it confirms it for you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 06:47 PM
    Will inviting attendees work only with BES, or with BIS too? Attempted to invite people for appointment, nothing was sent (I'm on a Bold, BIS, .266)

06-03-09 07:10 PM
    I am on bis and use it all the time. Don't know why its not sending for you.

06-03-09 07:44 PM
    I'm on BIS and use the invite attendee feature within the appointment...once the person accepts, it will change from "invited" to "accepted"
    06-03-09 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD