Is there any way to do this while on a current call? Seems that if I receive something while I am on an active call, I don't get notified until the call is complete.

Thank you.
    01-31-09 06:46 PM
    No. Voice and data do not work simultaneously.
    01-31-09 06:53 PM
    Hmmmm, well that kinda sucks. Thank you though!
    01-31-09 06:55 PM
    No. Voice and data do not work simultaneously.
    For once, I am glad I have ATT, and you can have voice and data going through simultaneously. Now, if only they can actually fix their network and its numerous issues. One thing at a time I suppose.
    01-31-09 07:03 PM
    For once, I am glad I have ATT, and you can have voice and data going through simultaneously. Now, if only they can actually fix their network and its numerous issues. One thing at a time I suppose.
    So then is this the only reason I was able to receive/send during a call on my Treo with ATT??? The other networks don't allow it? Great!
    01-31-09 07:06 PM
    So then is this the only reason I was able to receive/send during a call on my Treo with ATT??? The other networks don't allow it? Great!
    Yeah, sorry Clipper. I did not think that was such a big deal initially. But, now, I cannot live without it. Great feature.
    01-31-09 07:11 PM
    But CBK - why go with ATT when you can easily switch to Verizon and pay one million dollars a month for their stellar service?

Also, allow me to clarify: SMS messages will work simultaneously within a voice call. Emails, however, utilize data and will not be delivered until you are no longer in call. If you are not hearing the audio notification of a received SMS during a call, it is a simple setting you change on your phone.
    01-31-09 07:14 PM
    But CBK - why go with ATT when you can easily switch to Verizon and pay one million dollars a month for their stellar service?

Also, allow me to clarify: SMS messages will work simultaneously within a voice call. Emails, however, utilize data and will not be delivered until you are no longer in call. If you are not hearing the audio notification of a received SMS during a call, it is a simple setting you change on your phone.
    Oh, wow. Let us not go back to that Jenay. You and your thread scared me away from VZW for life. Thanks buddy.
    01-31-09 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD