Hi all!

I am unable to locate on either the 8300 or 8800 an option that allows me to send via sms a Contact. On my old Sony Ericsson 750i this was np, so imagine my suprise when my Curve couldn't! On the otherhand mb I've missed something, and my fellow Crackberrys can help.

Best Wishes to all here @ the Crack for Christmas from Manchester, UK.God Bless You All.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-07 03:34 PM
    There is no way to send contact info via sms on the BB. Sorry.
    11-18-07 09:11 PM
    yup! just not doable!!!!
    11-18-07 10:31 PM
    If the person has a email capable device, you can always send a vcard.
    11-18-07 10:32 PM
    You can't even bluetooth a contact with the BB. Email is the only way.
    11-18-07 10:40 PM
    Can't send a contact or business card by sms or blutooth? Just discovered this blind-spot myself. Seems like a rudimentary thing - it's very usefull - quite accessible on other devices.

Otherwise I'm happy with the system software /user interface of the Pearl.
    12-19-07 05:04 AM
    This is the first phone that I could send a contact card via anything, so email is fine for me. Would be nice if it was a Bluetooth feature though.
    12-19-07 01:51 PM
    Hi all!

I am unable to locate on either the 8300 or 8800 an option that allows me to send via sms a Contact. On my old Sony Ericsson 750i this was np,
    This is a feature so common on all "Non North America" brands, and just not available on American brands. Be it Blackberry or Treo. I guess it stems from the fact that SMS is still a very recent phenomenon in North America, while the rest of the world is plain SMS crazy.

It still amazes me that many carriers in Asia, and Europe, have plans where they give away SMSes instead of minutes. In India, the telcos today earn more money from value added services like SMS that from voice calls.

I wonder if anyone from RIM ever reads these posts. If they do, I strongly recommend this feature. Lets face it, Blackberry is a minority in Asia, and great as the product is, it has to co-exist.

Regards
    02-17-08 04:49 AM
    Hi there,

search google for vcard sms blackberry
    the second entry from the company WebDynamite looks interesting, got a tool called m2bCard

regards
    Zipf
    11-21-08 09:57 AM
    Zipf good find. However it carnt be too difficult for RIM to add this little option into the OS. Ie 'Send as SMS' within Address Book.

Thx though, will check out your tip

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 12:30 PM
    SMS Contact allows you to send the contact information by SMS text message. Simply define what you would like to send from the contact information and click on SMS contact on your menu for any of your contacts.

Downlaod:

bberryapp.com/smscontact.htm
    09-27-09 04:02 PM
    There is no way to send contact info via sms on the BB. Sorry.
    It's been bugging me to not be able to send contacts via sms!! However this morning, I found a way to send contacts via sms! Im not sure if it's for other blackberry phones, but i have a Bold..
    What you do is..

1. go to compose sms
    2. in the "To:" field, select the contact WHO'S NUMBER YOU WANT TO SEND.
    3. now it's gonna come up with the person's name, so move the cursor to the name so the contact is highlighted.
    4. select "show address" via menu button so the name becomes their number.
    5. select "select" via menu button, and move the cursor along the phone number so the whole number is highlighted
    6. select "copy" via the menu button, then move cursor down to the text field
    7. select "paste", and the number you picked should appear in the field!!

I know its a few steps, but it's better than nothing!! xoxo
    10-24-09 05:50 AM
    Looks like you can also send a contact via BBM or MMS
    10-24-09 04:26 PM
    Looks like you can also send a contact via BBM or MMS
    Yep, that's how I do it.
    10-24-09 06:00 PM
    Hello,

Maybe some of you already know (I've written in another post). A friend of mine developed a tool for exchanging contacts by sms. It is called SMS Vcard Addon you can find it in the crackberry store also.

The app is very useful, and has been improved with many facilities, as per requests from users.

You can search the net for "SMS Vcard Add-on" and you'll find many reviews.

Best regards.
    12-02-09 01:19 PM
    Hi,
    if you want to send your contact details as sms, use SMS Contact. You will find it here: "www_bberryapp_com/smscontact_htm"
    As I am new here, I cannot post links. So replace _ with dot. You know, you are smart...
    This app works fine for me. All you need to do is send one message as a promotion to someone from your contact list.

There is also fine app Forward, Reply and Edit for your emails.

Enjoy!
    06-30-10 06:52 PM
    Hey!
    OK - so I am the newest of all new blackberry users out there, and I was looking for this function here - to send contacts via sms. I downloaded this app you were talking about, but when I try and do my first send as (the trial thing they make you do as a promotion, you said), I get this message:
    MAIL_API: No RIM Service Record.

What does this mean?
    I really just want to send a contact with the push of 1 button, and not have to copy paste a bunch of times!

Thanks!
    09-04-10 10:58 PM
    Anyone using SMS VCard Add-on and can give reviews?

From what I've read above, the SMS Contact from BerryApp needs to be 'marketed' to a friend before it will fully function?

I need this function in my BB and so far the SMS vcard add-on sounds better.
    09-29-10 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD