Dear All,

I have backed up my device blackberry Porshe P9983 on my laptop then I have restored the phone to factory settings, since one week I'm trying to restore the backup on the phone but I receive this error " the operation was cancelled and some items were not restored"

I have tried every possible way, install and uninstall blackberry link, update, trying to install the backup on another device, sign in BBID in both laptop and the phone, trying to restore an old backup file thinking that the file is damaged, everything but I have lost the hope.
    I have updated my device with the latest update, blackberry link is also the latest version.

I really need my contacts from this backup bbb file and I don't know what to do, seeking your kind assistance.

Regards
    02-21-18 01:40 PM
    Link is a big hit mess but you still may be able to get that info.

Have you ever used iTunes on that pc? It can cause issues with link even if it has been removed as there are still hidden files .

Try this ...

Rename the iTunesPrefs.xml file and relaunch BlackBerry Link

To rename the iTunesPrefs.xml file;

Turn on Show hidden files and folders

Navigate to C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\

Rename the iTunesPrefs XML file file to iTunesPrefs.old

​Once completed, it would be recommended to turn off Show hidden files and folders.

Tell me if that corrects this issue
    02-21-18 01:47 PM
    Thank you bro, I will try and let you know. yes I have used iTunes on this pc.
    02-21-18 02:08 PM
    I have tried but didn't work, now I have deleted the iTunesPrefs file and I will uninstall the iTunes
    02-21-18 02:17 PM
    I have tried but still not solved
    02-21-18 02:41 PM
    Dear All,

I have backed up my device blackberry Porshe P9983 on my laptop then I have restored the phone to factory settings, since one week I'm trying to restore the backup on the phone but I receive this error " the operation was cancelled and some items were not restored"

I have tried every possible way, install and uninstall blackberry link, update, trying to install the backup on another device, sign in BBID in both laptop and the phone, trying to restore an old backup file thinking that the file is damaged, everything but I have lost the hope.
    I have updated my device with the latest update, blackberry link is also the latest version.

I really need my contacts from this backup bbb file and I don't know what to do, seeking your kind assistance.

Regards
    That might have been a mistake as restores are usually better if there isn't a big difference if the version number.

But to be clear, LINK runs and it does see you phone and will connect to it... only the restore doesn't work.... right?

If that's the case there isn't much reason to worry about reinstall the app or itunes files... LINK works. Issue is in overwriting to data to the phone....

Cound can try:
    Restore
    Limited Restore
    or Devcie Swtich

And see if any of those work... if not, proable not going to find a solution.

If LINK doesn't work at all with you phone, then yes search for LINK issues and give some of those a try.
    02-21-18 02:42 PM
    no like is working and my phones shows there but I can't restore the device, each time I try to restore I receive this error " the operation was cancelled and some items were not restored"Seeking your kind help in restoring my device backup-error.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	error.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	434467
    02-21-18 02:50 PM
    Cound can try:
    Restore
    Limited Restore
    or Devcie Swtich
    I have tried 1&2, cannot do device switch since I don't have the data on my phone.
    02-21-18 02:53 PM
    guys anyone faced this error before ?
    02-21-18 03:53 PM
    do you believe that if I will try to use BB blind on mac to restore my backup that the result will be different ?
    02-21-18 04:40 PM
    do you believe that if I will try to use BB blind on mac to restore my backup that the result will be different ?
    No.... but I'd install it on any other machine I had access to and give it a try.

If the OS that the Backup was done with isn't too much older than what you update it too... I might also see if I could reinstall the OS back to the same version.
    02-22-18 10:56 AM
    I have installed the same os which the update was made on still no benefit. I’m trying on Mac now , let’s see although I don’t have much hopes.
    02-22-18 01:18 PM