If your a TiVo owner with a wifi enabled BlackBerry Curve or Pearl I'd love to have you beta test my latest application - its a wifi TiVo remote. Please reply or direct msg us if your interested.
    02-18-09 09:30 PM
    I would LOVE to be a beta tester for a Tivo app. Unfortunately I've got a 8310 AT&T so no wi-fi.
    02-18-09 09:51 PM
    What is Tivo?
    I am from the UK and i have a bold with WIFI
    02-19-09 02:03 AM
    Tivo is one of the first "add-on" DVR's commercially available. It piggybacks off your existing cable connection. Most stock DVR services suck on comcast, verizon, ool, etc. But if you return your DVR box and get a Tivo, it works out almost the same price. I don't have Tivo, never did, but I hear it discussed at length from people who do have it. I hear its way better, for instance, Tivo knows to record 15 or so minutes after a show is over in case something made it run a little late.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 06:06 AM
    I'm interested. I have a wifi enabled bold and tivo - and I sure use both a lot!
    02-19-09 02:36 PM
    I'm interested. I have a wifi enabled bold and tivo - and I sure use both a lot!
    This app has been developed and tested on a bold, so if you'd like to give it a whirl you can download it from wonderfulbarn.com
    To purchase a license (its only $2.99) click the 'buy now' button on wonderfulbarn.com

To use the application you will need to enable the 'network remote' feature on your tivo. You can do this as follows:
    1. ]Go to TiVo Central > Messages & Settings > Settings > Remote, CableCARD & Devices > Network Remote Control.
    2. Highlight "Enabled" and press SELECT.
    3. Press THUMBS UP three times.

You will also need to enter the ip address of your TiVo into the WonderfulRemote application. You can find the ip address of your TiVo by going to:
    TiVo Central > Messages & Settings > Settings > Phone & Network
    Your ip address should be listed on the top right of this screen.
    02-19-09 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD