Hi guys,

Always want to have a chat with fellow BlackBerry addicts, I wondered if there is an app or something which lets you know when one is about? By Bluetooth or some other means.

Cheers,

Laurence
    07-12-10 03:11 PM
    Grindr is one such app, but it targets a specific market. I'm not aware of a general purpose version.
    What is Grindr?
    07-12-10 04:27 PM
    Hi guys,

Always want to have a chat with fellow BlackBerry addicts, I wondered if there is an app or something which lets you know when one is about? By Bluetooth or some other means.

Cheers,

Laurence
    you could try the PIN sharing and see if anyone is in your local area... i think if you just walked up to someone and said "Hey i like your berry" they might get weirded out... or turned on... but it'd be odd none the less.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 04:33 PM
    Hehe, wasn't quite what I was after Jeff!

Yeah as I've found out some people really couldn't care about their BlackBerry (also doesn't know what BBM is etc )
    07-12-10 04:54 PM
    Download Remko from BlackBerry App World. Its a social media app for BlackBerry owners only. Lots of BBM, pin sharing.
    07-12-10 05:13 PM
    If you are a twitter user and use uberwitter you can see who is tweeting near you and from what app they are tweeting from. This is how I see local people using BB.

07-12-10 07:58 PM
    . i think if you just walked up to someone and said "Hey i like your berry" they might get weirded out... or turned on... but it'd be odd none the less.

Now this is funny! That being said, I agree that it would be nice having some local contacts on my bbm.
    07-12-10 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD