I'm performing a security wipe and it's been 45min. Is this normal for it to take this long?
    12-03-10 08:10 PM
    No, not at all. But at this point let it finish because stopping it may possibly
    completely wipe out your entire OS.
    12-03-10 08:14 PM
    Actually AG, I've had it take up to an hour before
    12-03-10 08:15 PM
    I should have waited a couple of more minutes before posting,it just finished.
    12-03-10 08:18 PM
    Through six BlackBerrys, all loaded with tons of apps and user data I have never
    had a security wipe take more than a few minutes. 10 is probably the tops.
    12-03-10 08:20 PM
    I should have waited a couple of more minutes before posting,it just finished.
    Whew!! Good deal. Glad it worked itself out
    12-03-10 08:22 PM
    Through six BlackBerrys, all loaded with tons of apps and user data I have never
    had a security wipe take more than a few minutes. 10 is probably the tops.
    Just wondering if anybody knows a reason for such a big discrepancy in the times for a wipe on some devices vs others? Could it be possible that you get a more or less secure wipe based on your encryption strength setting or something else?
    12-03-10 09:10 PM
    Dunno it shouldn't take more than 10 min.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-10 10:01 PM
    What's the reason to do a wipe?

12-04-10 07:04 AM
    What's the reason to do a wipe?
    The security wipe removes all your personal data as well as apps (if you choose). This is a good thing when transfering the phone to someone else.

12-04-10 08:20 AM
    is it possible to do a security wipe without having the bb on? like a button under the battery? or anythin? i tryed to install the os6 on my bold 9700 and now it doesnt turn on or anything. all its doing is the red like flashes 4 times then stops, then flashes again. can anyone please help me?
    12-13-10 01:55 AM
    @ SS408,

The BlackBerry must be on to perform a Security Wipe from a traditional sense (kill packet sent from BES, inputted manually by User, wrong password entered X amount of times). Alternately, if you can locate it, CFP can be used to NUKE and/or WIPE the handheld of any OS whatsoever.

In your case, I'd be apt to locate a copy and WIPE the handheld. Downgrade your Desktop Manager to 4.6, delete both VENDOR.XML and DEVICE.XML, and attempt to re-install whatever OS you were using previously. Once you've established a working device, try the upgrade again. The issue you are having is related to the RAM image.
    12-13-10 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD