Without going through all the manuals and support lines within Blackberry I figured I would ask the "experts" and see what kind of response I get.

My boss has asked me a bit more about the security mainly for the connection between the phone and the email server/BES. Is there a standard security level with a base install? I'm sure there are other options to add to the security. We're under some regulations so we just want to be sure that we are covered.

Thanks and sorry for the pretty newbish question, try not to flame too hard
    08-12-09 12:12 PM

Wireless Data Security

End-to-end Encryption

The BlackBerry Enterprise Solution offers two transport encryption options, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and Triple Data Encryption Standard (Triple DES)*, for all data transmitted between BlackBerry� Enterprise Server and BlackBerry smartphones.
    Private encryption keys are generated in a secure, two-way authenticated environment and are assigned to each BlackBerry smartphone user. Each secret key is stored only in the user's secure enterprise account (i.e., Microsoft� Exchange, IBM� Lotus� Domino� or Novell� GroupWise�) and on their BlackBerry smartphone and can be regenerated wirelessly by the user.
    Data sent to the BlackBerry smartphone is encrypted by BlackBerry Enterprise Server using the private key retrieved from the user's mailbox. The encrypted information travels securely across the network to the device where it is decrypted with the key stored there.
    Data remains encrypted in transit and is never decrypted outside of the corporate firewall.
    I would give that article a read for even more info.
    08-12-09 12:15 PM
    Thank you for the document, there is a lot of information in it that I will need to go through. Thanks for the fast reply.
    08-12-09 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD