Guys,

Can we block hub access with a password? Is there any app for it?

Thanks in advance

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    05-12-14 04:30 AM
    Guys,

Can we block hub access with a password? Is there any app for it?

Thanks in advance

Not that I know of.

Can you just not lock the phone itself with a password?
    05-12-14 05:20 AM
    Actually I want my friends to go through every apps,navigation but don't want them to see my message centre

arvind1983 likes this.
    05-12-14 11:03 AM
    Long way would be to remove your accounts from the device. This will give the full functionality while still not showing your accounts. You *might* be able to do this via parental controls, but I dont think you can.
    05-12-14 11:21 AM
    Actually I want my friends to go through every apps,navigation but don't want them to see my message centre

Just tell them not to and monitor it. Hub lock would ruin the idea of it

Zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    05-12-14 11:22 AM

Assuming your friends are trustworthy (which may be defeating the object of this thread?), you could just select an account in the hub that has nothing in it, or wouldn't incriminate you (Voicemail, maybe?). Then any swipes to reveal the hub wouldn't show everything, unless they actually snoop.

Having said that, if you have something to hide, or they are snoops, I'd just keep a tight hold of you phone in the first place
    05-13-14 04:24 AM
    Assuming your friends are trustworthy (which may be defeating the object of this thread?), you could just select an account in the hub that has nothing in it, or wouldn't incriminate you (Voicemail, maybe?). Then any swipes to reveal the hub wouldn't show everything, unless they actually snoop.

Having said that, if you have something to hide, or they are snoops, I'd just keep a tight hold of you phone in the first place
    This is a fix.I will try it.But I feel there should be an app which creates a lock screen for every app.Hub being a message centre should definitely have a security lock option. Thanks for your suggestions

05-13-14 05:37 AM
    This is a fix.I will try it.But I feel there should be an app which creates a lock screen for every app.Hub being a message centre should definitely have a security lock option. Thanks for your suggestions

Like I said a lock screen defeats the purpose of trying to flow through. If you get lots of emails daily he lockscreen would be redundant and annoying. Also the idea of peek and flow would just be blunt.

Stwutter and rthonpm like this.
    05-13-14 02:42 PM
    could be a new feature to implement like a rotation lock button through the swipe down menu. THE HUB LOCK!
    05-13-14 03:40 PM
    Like I said a lock screen defeats the purpose of trying to flow through. If you get lots of emails daily he lockscreen would be redundant and annoying. Also the idea of peek and flow would just be blunt.

Yeah, I can't really think of a time when I would want to lock it.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    05-13-14 05:09 PM
    But having an option to disable HUB in the parental settings would be good.

05-13-14 08:16 PM
    BES10 allows you to lock your files and work space including work email, that's as close to locked Hub we presently have.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 08:22 PM
    But having an option to disable HUB in the parental settings would be good.
    Disable messaging? And emails? Umm I can't imagine why you'd wanna disable the hub.

Posted with zee flicking coolest smartphone evah
    rthonpm likes this.
    05-13-14 08:26 PM
    Smartphones as a rule aren't designed for multiple users. And many things in the hub (except for emails) are generally accessible in their respective apps so unless you lock those apps too the hub lock is easily bypassible.
    spikesolie likes this.
    05-14-14 12:04 AM