Along with the wonderful Exchange issues found with iOS 6.1, now it appears that people can unlock an iPhone by means of a bypass of the lock screen:

iPhone lockscreen can be bypassed with new iOS 6.1 trick | The Verge

If this was an issue with BlackBerry or Android this would be the top news story for every tech site.
    02-14-13 08:21 AM
    None. If companies are willing to hook iPhones to activesync they are already sacrificing security. If they run Good for Enterprise or something like that this doesn't matter because the data in the app are encrypted. The companies that care about security are not just letting users connect other devices via Activesync so this won't be a big deal to the press. iOS devices can be jailbroken and this is known by everyone so who really cares if you can bypass a lockscreen on an already unsecure device. Apple has never prided itself on security so they aren't subjected to this scrutiny. Companies now are willing to sacrifice security and corporate functionality for consumer devices and will keep on moving that way until something happens. BB will just have to keep selling their products as consumer devices with the added bonus that they are secure. Best thing they can do is launch and let us show others in public how theirs is now "cool" Obviously the people who truly care about security will stick with BB or allow iOS/Android with Good or BES10.
    02-14-13 08:29 AM
    Well I think we will see headlines on all major tech sites pretty soon, it's a fact that when iPhone has something wrong, everyone will write about it.

I think you guys should just accept the fact that iPhone / Androids are the norm now and when they have something wrong, it's an easy way to get ad revenue by posting these kind of things
    02-14-13 09:03 AM
    The Press protects the hands that feed them.
    IT Departements protect Enterprise. We hope!
    TomJasper likes this.
    02-14-13 09:25 AM
    Yessssssss. Score one for dixie, Errr BlackBerry.
    02-14-13 03:53 PM
    Yessssssss. Score one for dixie, Errr BlackBerry.
    Depends, how many people are really looking at the competition? On here, nearly everyone is a BB-fan but out in the real world I don't hear people waiting or discussing the Z10 yet. I live where the Z10 isn't available yet, but there's absolutely no marketing pushing here (Mexico) either.

Back home (Belgium) I've got a couple of IT buddies who went through their bb-period, but none of them is interested in the new gen bb. Some are happy with Android, and most are now changing from the fruit company to WP. BB has been quiet for a long time and it will take more than some tv adds to have a quick and swift impact. Apple are maybe digging their own grave with their cult prices, but to bring out a new gen phone after so much time, while you lost so much market share, at around 500 Pounds isn't really inviting with some very accessible Android phones and WP 7's ...

Like being said in other threads, BB's marketing planning is questionable although I hope they can recuperate.
    02-14-13 04:24 PM
    Does this make you feel justified and feel better in purchasing a Blackberry? That is what I'm getting out of this post. Just wait until BB becomes semi high profile and I bet the tune on this website will change to the default, "it's a version 1 O.S.." if security flaws are discovered.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    djh_wolf likes this.
    02-14-13 04:29 PM
    02-19-13 05:23 AM
    ^ That article is getting slated in the comments section
    02-19-13 05:28 AM
    This issue has been resolved.

How are we doing on this iOS flaw?
    02-19-13 09:07 AM
    Does this make you feel justified and feel better in purchasing a Blackberry? That is what I'm getting out of this post. Just wait until BB becomes semi high profile and I bet the tune on this website will change to the default, "it's a version 1 O.S.." if security flaws are discovered.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    The fact doesn't justify or appease my emotions in any way over the choice of a handset. The main point of my posting was to point out an issue that a larger number of organisations who have moved resources towards iOS devices on their network will potentially see. Security is still a big component in the minds of most CIOs and IT managers and any issue like this that can compromise devices attached to their network are of concern.

Furthermore in most of the mainstream tech press, which is more or less freelance writers anymore as opposed to dedicated staff, there is a perception that Apple can do no wrong. Obviously that's more opinion than fact, but I was curious how much of a story this would be in the mediasphere. As it turns out, there was more noise over the Exchange issue than over the lock screen issue. This makes sense as the former is a much more common issue than the latter which would involve the handset being in the possession of someone who knew how to actively exploit the bypass.
    02-19-13 10:19 AM
    Just Saying:

Video - Apple iOS 6.1 iPhone Update Causing Problems in Company-Based Microsoft Outlook Systems - WSJ.com

CIOs Frustrated by Apple iOS 6.1 BYOD Bugs - The CIO Report - WSJ

Apple iOS 6.1 Flaw Bugs CIOs - The CIO Report - WSJ

A simple google, will tell you that it's in every major tech. blog, and most newspapers. Do you really think this is worthy of a front page story in your local paper? Rumour has it that it'll be patched this week as well. One thing that any new Z10 owner can be envious of. Apple doesn't have to wait for any carrier approvals to push updates to their devices. When the first update gets pushed out, we all will have to wait for our carrier to approve the update. (Ask Android users about this method)
    aniym likes this.
    02-19-13 10:33 AM
    It is like one big inferiority complex around this site! Let's attack the other person's platform or a company to make ourselves feel better or look big. Good plan.
    balding1, aniym, GoJaysGo and 5 others like this.
    02-19-13 10:53 AM
    The victim complex among many Crackberry members embarrasses the rest of us. As GoJaysGo has posted, many major media outlets have posted about it. And these are big outlets that report official news, not the nickel and dime outlets that post uncorroborated rumours about BB10 sales and BBRY stock movements. I'm also specifically posting links from sites that are known to be Apple-friendly.

New iOS 6.1 Security Flaw Grants Limited Access To Phone App, Photos, Email, Messages, FaceTime | TechCrunch
    iOS 6.1 hack lets users see your phone app, place calls | Apple - CNET News
    You Can Bypass the iOS 6.1 Lockcode Screen With This Simple Technique | Gizmodo UK
    This iOS 6.1 Bug Lets You Circumvent iPhone Lockscreen
    richardat, djh_wolf and GoJaysGo like this.
    02-19-13 11:46 AM
    It is like one big inferiority complex around this site! Let's attack the other person's platform or a company to make ourselves feel better or look big. Good plan.
    You really have to be kidding.
    02-19-13 11:54 AM
    And what about the tiff exploit that blackberry announced for BB today?

I would say its even bigger problem than the exchange bug in ios
    02-19-13 12:01 PM
    You really have to be kidding.
    No I am not.
    02-19-13 07:32 PM
    And what about the tiff exploit that blackberry announced for BB today?

I would say its even bigger problem than the exchange bug in ios
    what bug? the one they already fixed?
    02-19-13 07:35 PM
    This issue has been resolved.

How are we doing on this iOS flaw?
    released
    Apple releases iOS 6.1.2; fixes Exchange bug, lock screen bug still open | ZDNet
    mikeo007 and raino like this.
    02-19-13 07:38 PM
    Its nothing even remotely like that. Its they been slamming us with crap for the last couple of years so now we finally have a chance to throw something back at them sort of thing :P
    02-19-13 07:38 PM
    Its nothing even remotely like that. Its they been slamming us with crap for the last couple of years so now we finally have a chance to throw something back at them sort of thing :P
    Actually it's exactly what he says. The slamming goes both ways but the amount of misinformation being peddled here regarding other platforms is much higher than other forums in this "network." it's pathetic, really, and that is what has been causing much of the slamming.

Sent from my AT&T Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2.
    djh_wolf, aniym, jdhooghe and 1 others like this.
    02-19-13 07:41 PM
    02-19-13 07:43 PM
    I don't disagree, but it is militant at this point. Flaws are ignored in mass, despite a great new device and OS. There are some things needing fixed, and therefore discussed. It is a great start but I am surprised at some things that are missing giving BB's history.

I wish them luck and will get a Z10. I don't agree with the BB is flawless crows and the ones who attack every other device or platform.
    02-19-13 07:59 PM
    I don't disagree, but it is militant at this point. Flaws are ignored in mass, despite a great new device and OS. There are some things needing fixed, and therefore discussed. It is a great start but I am surprised at some things that are missing giving BB's history.

I wish them luck and will get a Z10. I don't agree with the BB is flawless crows and the ones who attack every other device or platform.
    I think people are stupid if they think this phone is going to come out flawless... All seriousness it is a 1st generation device. New operating system plus different style of hardware we are going to have problems out of the gate. What needs to be looked at is how BlackBerry handles the problems and what solutions they come up with now.
    02-19-13 08:04 PM
    Ok so if Blackberry 10 is a 1.0 device then it isn't ready for corporate primetime anyway so lets move on and let the Blacksheep live in their bubble.
    02-20-13 10:56 AM
28 12