I am just thinking,as to which smartphone(s) i should purchase for my small business,blackberry or the upcoming motorola atrix,and or droid pro?? or apple pls help?
    01-14-11 08:37 AM
    What are you wanting your devices to do? What kind of features do you feel are important for your employees to have? BlackBerry is the mose secure platform, and also the most data efficient, but it may or may not be the best fit for your needs.

So, what do you need?
    01-14-11 08:49 AM
    more importantly emails,voice,and browsing.What i mean by browsing is when,my workers are out in the field,and they need a quick answer,or more info on a certain item,they could use the internet.
    01-14-11 09:06 AM
    more importantly emails,voice,and browsing.What i mean by browsing is when,my workers are out in the field,and they need a quick answer,or more info on a certain item,they could use the internet.
    Well if you need emails instantaneously..then you need the BB (unless you have Gmail accounts..or want to spend money on upgrading email apps for Android like Touchdown)..iPhone i'd say is out of the picture. iPhone has no notifications system..and the "pull" really sucks on it. Needing a good browser narrows down your BB search..as the only ones with decent and "quick" browser's are the Torch and 9780 (because of the webkit).

If you can get away without needing the email "instantaneous"..Android would be a better fit. Most stock email will "pull" every 5 mins (or later..but not quicker)..and are quite reliable. The browsers are much better..and if in a pinch..you can turn your phone into a wifi connection (without the need to hook up a cable) and your workers could use a laptop to send/recieve documents as well.
    01-14-11 09:15 AM
    Well it looks like its going to be blackberry's thank you all
    01-14-11 03:18 PM
    Well it looks like its going to be blackberry's thank you all
    Good choice! I'd add to the justification for a BlackBerry by saying that battery life is much better, generally speaking, on BlackBerry devices than on the iPhone. AND BlackBerry batteries are removable, so if a battery does go dead, you can pop in a fresh battery and keep going...

Email is top notch on BlackBerry devices. I'm learning just how much of an advantage they have now that I have an iPad.
    01-14-11 04:01 PM
    Will you do a BB on BIS or BES? With BES you need to have your own server. If you have less than 30 employees, I recall there is a free BES version for that. BES allows your employees to browse their email archives, etc, while BIS only allows them to review whatever new messages have been pushed to their device since they got it.

I thought with activesync it pushed to Apple and Android? If you're going through the trouble to make a BB server, you could skip that and go with activesync instead. I've never used that feature though so I'm not totally sure how it compares.
    01-14-11 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD