can i make secret folders with passwords to hide in my other folders on my bold 9700 and can you move yahoo IM and other IM in to them so nobody else can see and yer i all ready have a password to get on my bold just want more undercover ????
    11-03-10 11:58 AM
    Not with Blackberry only, you have to download an app but there are a few to choose from in the App World.
    11-03-10 06:32 PM
    Like Dale says, try ilock. Let's you password protect individual folders.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 06:34 PM
  4. T
    Related question: are these programs, if obtained from app world, approved and/or endorsed by RIM?
    11-03-10 06:44 PM
    I tried App Lock, was a pretty decent app. It password protected individual folders, pictures, picture folders, apps inside of folders. Anything you want to password protect, it does. But since I switched devices, I was too lazy to use it again and I have since resorted to putting all my private stuff inside one folder and hiding it. So unless someone knows I hide a folder, they won't be getting inside it.

11-03-10 07:24 PM
    I picked up a great App just for that reason myself. It's a $0.99 app called AppLock. Allows you to hide individual folders including videos, pics, etc. You can also lock down native apps such as your browser, calendar, contact list, messages, memo pad and outgoing calls from your phone. Can also lock down a lot of 3rd party apps too. I haven't looked at the iLock app that Albee mentioned but I'm sure it does about the same thing.
    11-03-10 10:23 PM
    Now why didn't *I* think of suggesting that?

11-08-10 08:30 AM
    I picked up a great App just for that reason myself. It's a $0.99 app called AppLock. Allows you to hide individual folders including videos, pics, etc. You can also lock down native apps such as your browser, calendar, contact list, messages, memo pad and outgoing calls from your phone. Can also lock down a lot of 3rd party apps too. I haven't looked at the iLock app that Albee mentioned but I'm sure it does about the same thing.
    A++

11-08-10 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD