BlackBerry 10 is a threat to both Apple's iOS and to Android. Because its the only mobile OS that is capable of dethroning them both. I am sure Apple is quite pleased that BlackBerry utterly stinks at marketing its products. Not to mention all the BB10 delays, and the BES10 fumbles by not initially supporting BBOS. I can go on and on. All this should eventually get rectified by Mr. John Chen and Team.
    You talk like there are hundreds of other OS's that want the throne and that Blackberry is the only one that can take the crown. There are literally two OS's that could do something like that. Windows OS and BB10. Windows has more market share than Blackberry and they have more of a chance over taking Apple or Android because of the size of their wallet.

To your other points on terrible marketing, delays, BES fumbles. When exactly is Chen rectifying this? He's been in charge long enough to do something about these things and nothing has changed except for him stripping the company down so that it can be profitable. What has he done to make you think that he's rectifying anything?
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-14-15 09:54 PM
    Blackberry is making a new division in the company. It is called "the men in black-berries" and their main goal is to spy crackberry forums in order to write down customer feedback and pass the findings to upper managers for making BlackBerry better.
    I think that apart from being humorous that is a good idea for BlackBerry. These forums are a good tool for making BlackBerry a better company. Let's think of it as a free poll and research tool. Maybe john has already thought of it and is implemented....

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry doesn't pay attention to CrackBerry and never has. Have you seen a lot of interviews with BB execs on the blog? I haven't and never have. They are working on trying to create a business niche and don't care what the majority of BB users say in a forum which is largely made up of a market that they don't want anything to do with, called the Consumer Market.
    rcab likes this.
    02-14-15 09:58 PM
    Blackberry doesn't pay attention to CrackBerry and never has. Have you seen a lot of interviews with BB execs on the blog? I haven't and never have. They are working on trying to create a business niche and don't care what the majority of BB users say in a forum which is largely made up of a market that they don't want anything to do with, called the Consumer Market.
    Yes, cause Stickers is something every business must have....

I'm also sure that CrackBerry also has at least a few business users, could be wrong, maybe we are all unemployeed and only require a phone to play our games.
    -Puck- likes this.
    02-14-15 10:04 PM
    BlackBerry has taken Crackberry off their list of recommend apps on Blackberry world, so you would have to assume that they don't consider Crackberry as an asset.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 10:16 PM
    Yes, cause Stickers is something every business must have....

I'm also sure that CrackBerry also has at least a few business users, could be wrong, maybe we are all unemployeed and only require a phone to play our games.
    Lol stickers is your go to? Stickers are a complete joke and BB only did that in a ditch effort to try and stay competitive with other messaging apps (which hasn't worked).

And yes, Crackberry has plenty of business users. You think a consumer is defined as unemployed? A consumer is someone who buys a phone for their own use, business or not. That is not who BB is targeting. They are targeting large BES users and not people who come into a forum to discuss their device. They want businesses that deploy them to their employees that will use not only the handset but BES with it.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-14-15 10:24 PM
    Lol stickers is your go to? Stickers are a complete joke and BB only did that in a ditch effort to try and stay competitive with other messaging apps (which hasn't worked).
    Stickers was just the first thing to come to mind that definitely is not business centric. As for not working, didn't realize you had access to the numbers and proof that it hasn't worked. Seems to be widely successful in certain parts of the world. To the point where other phone manufactures make sure they include 'Now with BBM pre-installed' in their advertising.

Source: http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/02/...lwind-romance/

And yes, Crackberry has plenty of business users. You think a consumer is defined as unemployed? A consumer is someone who buys a phone for their own use, business or not. That is not who BB is targeting. They are targeting large BES users and not people who come into a forum to discuss their device. They want businesses that deploy them to their employees that will use not only the handset but BES with it.
    No, but if they are employed, it is usually at a business of some sort, So people would have business use to relate here, even it was not with a BlackBerry. I'm sure BlackBerry does not cut out small business in their vision of who they want to target, That would be like shooting yourself in the foot.
    Last edited by spyeagle; 02-14-15 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Bad quote tag lol
    BigBadWulf and Uzi like this.
    02-14-15 10:44 PM
    I personally believe that there has to be some form of paid bashing existing out there, with certain cases. If you take into account some of the persistent behavior of certain trolls, the mental disorder part sometimes doesn't fit.

If we are to believe we live in a world of hackers, industrial espionage and short traders, then why is the concept of a paid basher so out of the question? Maybe not paid directly by Apple or Google or Samsung, but there are a lot of third parties, lobbyists and fringe groups out there.

Of course, I'm not just talking about BlackBerry bashers. The same can be said of any company.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I wonder if anyone is being paid on this thread?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 12:09 AM
    Sweet...let them spy and pass off info...tell them we want a stellar functioning camera, the BlackBerry Logo on the phones to illuminate and bring back the alarm clock feature that allows you to fully power off your device and have it power back up when your alarm is set to go off. Please!!!???? Oh and more customization features like the Legacy phones had too!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 12:12 AM
    It's not about bashing. It's about customer feedback and how to improve your product

Posted via CB10
    spyeagle likes this.
    02-15-15 12:45 AM
    Jesus was no threat to King Herod as a baby but king Herod had all the babies of Bethlehem put to death because of the threat Jesus posed in the future. Mighty King Apple is probably doing the same.

Posted via CB10
    Wow so people complaining about BlackBerry's many, many poor business decisions over the years, or BlackBerry abandoning them, have potential mental issues, but your throwing out an analogy that basic equates a young BB10 to Jesus and either Apple or Google to King Herod..... OK then!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-15-15 02:10 AM
    spyeagle likes this.
    02-15-15 03:28 AM
    Because the company isn't perfect and nobody likes fanboys.
    And matures don't like gay phones!!!

A Happy Passport User....
    02-15-15 03:51 AM
    Stickers was just the first thing to come to mind that definitely is not business centric. As for not working, didn't realize you had access to the numbers and proof that it hasn't worked. Seems to be widely successful in certain parts of the world. To the point where other phone manufactures make sure they include 'Now with BBM pre-installed' in their advertising.

Source: http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/02/...lwind-romance/

No, but if they are employed, it is usually at a business of some sort, So people would have business use to relate here, even it was not with a BlackBerry. I'm sure BlackBerry does not cut out small business in their vision of who they want to target, That would be like shooting yourself in the foot.
    Hahaha, you realize that you are quoting an article written BY Blackberry. The article you are referencing as proof of stickers being "wildly successful" is an advertisement for BBM written by Blackberry. I doubt Blackberry would write an article called "Stickers are stupid and here's why." I'm sure stickers do appeal to a very, very small portion of BBM users, but on the whole it hasn't done anything to make BBM the powerhouse it once was like BB thought it was going to do. It has largely been a failure.

On a separate note, that article you linked to is embarrassing to read. Tom Cruise jumping on a couch for Katie Holmes? What year is Blackberry living in? That article, I mean advertisement, reads like something written for a woman's magazine and not for a phone manufacturer.

I won't argue with you on the consumer/business user discussion. It's opinion, and in my opinion BB has far more important things to do than troll Crackberry looking for ideas. If they were so interested in users ideas they would have kept the "I can make it better" site open and gotten feedback from there. It's just another fanboy fantasy thinking that BB is in here taking notes and listening to what it's users want, business professional or not.
    Last edited by donnation; 02-15-15 at 05:07 AM.
    02-15-15 04:19 AM
    It's not about bashing. It's about customer feedback and how to improve your product

Posted via CB10
    They have the "I can make it better" site for that. Oh wait...No they don't, they got rid of it.
    02-15-15 05:03 AM
    Hahaha, you realize that you are quoting an article written BY Blackberry. The article you are referencing as proof of stickers being "wildly successful" is an advertisement for BBM written by Blackberry. I doubt Blackberry would write an article called "Stickers are stupid and here's why." I'm sure stickers do appeal to a very, very small portion of BBM users, but on the whole it hasn't done anything to make BBM the powerhouse it once was like BB thought it was going to do. It has largely been a failure.
    Once again, not sure how you can say it has largely been a failure without proof. You seem to feel you are the definitive answer on this. So when BlackBerry posts results, its an advertisement, but if WhatsApp says they have 700 Million 'active' users it's gospel for people like you to say how BBM is an absolute failure? In case you haven't noticed BBM actually has more active users then it EVER has anytime in the past. So not sure how you are saying it once was a powerhouse. Also not saying Stickers was ever considered to be a saviour of BBM or anything but an added option that was actually requested by users. I am also not saying I like stickers, in fact I actually don't like how they are forced on you now.

I won't argue with you on the consumer/business user discussion. It's opinion, and in my opinion BB has far more important things to do than troll Crackberry looking for ideas. If they were so interested in users ideas they would have kept the "I can make it better" site open and gotten feedback from there. It's just another fanboy fantasy thinking that BB is in here taking notes and listening to what it's users want, business professional or not.
    Definitely not a fantasy, I know for a fact that there is BB Employees on this forum, and some of the suggestions that are made that match with the business model do get passed on for review and consideration. Maybe not paid to do it or as part of their job, but because they have just as much interest (if not more) in seeing the company recover and succeed.

BTW, did not realize we were arguing, thought we were having a civil discussion.
    02-15-15 05:10 AM
    Once again, not sure how you can say it has largely been a failure without proof. You seem to feel you are the definitive answer on this. So when BlackBerry posts results, its an advertisement, but if WhatsApp says they have 700 Million 'active' users it's gospel for people like you to say how BBM is an absolute failure? In case you haven't noticed BBM actually has more active users then it EVER has anytime in the past. So not sure how you are saying it once was a powerhouse. Also not saying Stickers was ever considered to be a saviour of BBM or anything but an added option that was actually requested by users. I am also not saying I like stickers, in fact I actually don't like how they are forced on you now.

Definitely not a fantasy, I know for a fact that there is BB Employees on this forum, and some of the suggestions that are made that match with the business model do get passed on for review and consideration. Maybe not paid to do it or as part of their job, but because they have just as much interest (if not more) in seeing the company recover and succeed.

BTW, did not realize we were arguing, thought we were having a civil discussion.
    There are no numbers given in that advertisement besides saying that in Indonesia BBM users are using it for a longer period of time during the day than a couple of other messaging services. I never said BBM was a failure. I said stickers are a failure because they aren't something unique and don't drive people to use BBM (and imo they make BBM less attractive to use because BB continually shoves them in your face in the app). Regardless of how many users BBM has its tiny in comparison to what other messaging services have, in fact its not even close. Only because BB opened it up do they even have a rise in users, which was done way to late and out of desperation.

I never said their weren't Blackberry employees in CrackBerry. I said that Blackberry doesn't pay people to come in here and look at what people say and then pass it on to Blackberry. Blackberry has always taken a hard stance on blogs and largely ignored them, which for the most part is probably in their best interest. They pay companies to do market research for them and aren't going to pay people to come into a fan site to get feedback for their devices and OS.

I also didn't mean to say that we were arguing, so my apologies on that. Its a difference in opinion and I just don't think that BB cares much about what goes on in CrackBerry. They had their site "I can make it better" which was made for people to comment on their devices and OS and they shut it down because it was largely being ignored by Blackberry to begin with.
    02-15-15 05:22 AM
    I never said their weren't Blackberry employees in CrackBerry. I said that Blackberry doesn't pay people to come in here and look at what people say and then pass it on to Blackberry. Blackberry has always taken a hard stance on blogs and largely ignored them, which for the most part is probably in their best interest. They pay companies to do market research for them and aren't going to pay people to come into a fan site to get feedback for their devices and OS.
    There is the social media team that does pay attention to blogs and sites such as Crackberry, They are not doing market research but using social media as an indicator if there is an issue that BB needs to be aware of that is not being reported via support or carriers.

I also didn't mean to say that we were arguing, so my apologies on that. Its a difference in opinion and I just don't think that BB cares much about what goes on in CrackBerry. They had their site "I can make it better" which was made for people to comment on their devices and OS and they shut it down because it was largely being ignored by Blackberry to begin with.
    Didn't realize the 'I can make it better' site was shut down, thanks for that info. Not alot of people were aware of the site, so probably was not getting the response that was hoped for either.
    02-15-15 05:40 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is a threat to both Apple's iOS and to Android. Because its the only mobile OS that is capable of dethroning them both. I am sure Apple is quite pleased that BlackBerry utterly stinks at marketing its products. Not to mention all the BB10 delays, and the BES10 fumbles by not initially supporting BBOS. I can go on and on. All this should eventually get rectified by Mr. John Chen and Team.
    I fail to see the threat... I would say Microsoft has a higher chance than Blackberry, especially with the vision they have between unifying their ecosystem between Mobile, Tablet and Desktop with Windows 10.
    02-15-15 07:11 AM
    I personally believe that there has to be some form of paid bashing existing out there, with certain cases. If you take into account some of the persistent behavior of certain trolls, the mental disorder part sometimes doesn't fit.

If we are to believe we live in a world of hackers, industrial espionage and short traders, then why is the concept of a paid basher so out of the question? Maybe not paid directly by Apple or Google or Samsung, but there are a lot of third parties, lobbyists and fringe groups out there.

Of course, I'm not just talking about BlackBerry bashers. The same can be said of any company.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    To your first point; there was/is absolutely paid bashing. Apple themselves spent millions to openly bash Microsoft products and customers. This form of advertising by and large is disappearing from the mainstream. At least I am seeing less and less of it (maybe it's because I have a DVR ).

To your second paragraph, I remember a poster that was a walking talking link to the Amazon Fire tablet. Every post was quick to bash BB and a plug for the Fire tablet. It was nuts. I think the mods nailed "her" about 30 posts in.
    terminatorx likes this.
    02-15-15 07:18 AM
    I fail to see the threat... I would say Microsoft has a higher chance than Blackberry, especially with the vision they have between unifying their ecosystem between Mobile, Tablet and Desktop with Windows 10.
    I agree, MS is just too big right now. Oddly, I saw an article the other day that showed the BB was still generating more ??mobile revenue?? that WP. I'll see if I can dig it up.
    02-15-15 07:20 AM
    I agree, MS is just too big right now. Oddly, I saw an article the other day that showed the BB was still generating more ??mobile revenue?? that WP. I'll see if I can dig it up.
    Here it is. I haven't spent any time breaking this down but one value was 5x larger in favor of BB the other over 3x.

Apple Still The Easy Leader In Ad Revenue On Mobile For 2014, Despite Android Gains | TechCrunch
    02-15-15 07:24 AM
    Wow so people complaining about BlackBerry's many, many poor business decisions over the years, or BlackBerry abandoning them, have potential mental issues, but your throwing out an analogy that basic equates a young BB10 to Jesus and either Apple or Google to King Herod..... OK then!
    It was an odd thread right from the title on.
    02-15-15 07:40 AM
    Blackberry is making a new division in the company. It is called "the men in black-berries" and their main goal is to spy crackberry forums in order to write down customer feedback and pass the findings to upper managers for making BlackBerry better.
    I think that apart from being humorous that is a good idea for BlackBerry. These forums are a good tool for making BlackBerry a better company. Let's think of it as a free poll and research tool. Maybe john has already thought of it and is implemented....

Posted via CB10
    Wait, after reading your original post again are you saying that you know that this group exists or that you are hoping that It exists? You come off saying like you know this group exists but then at the end you say "Maybe John has already thought of it and implemented it."

So this is essentially something you made up and hope is true?
    02-15-15 08:05 AM
    That would be like shooting yourself in the foot.
    Isn't that their business model?

This is CrackBerry. There's no room for that sort of silliness here.

I also didn't mean to say that we were arguing, so my apologies on that.
    Thanks! Always a stand up act, and I agree with you on most topics. You'll just have to take as fact that some BlackBerry employees do indeed get paid to cruise this and other sites, as part of their daily routine at work. Can ya trust me on that fact?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-15-15 08:08 AM
    Ghost shopping always helps. BlackBerry will be enriched if they read the posts and shall have first hand information about their products.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    02-15-15 08:37 AM
95 1234