Blackberry is making a new division in the company. It is called "the men in black-berries" and their main goal is to spy crackberry forums in order to write down customer feedback and pass the findings to upper managers for making BlackBerry better.
    I think that apart from being humorous that is a good idea for BlackBerry. These forums are a good tool for making BlackBerry a better company. Let's think of it as a free poll and research tool. Maybe john has already thought of it and is implemented....

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 11:18 AM
    There's most likely BlackBerry employees lurking around here, already.
    kbz1960 and RyanGermann like this.
    02-14-15 11:19 AM
    I think that there are people being paid to hang around here and make posts but they don't seem to be paid by BlackBerry. Why would BlackBerry pay people to bash themselves?

Posted via CB10
    ATMJOE, Frehley, geoffsdad and 4 others like this.
    02-14-15 11:51 AM
    I think that there are people being paid to hang around here and make posts but they don't seem to be paid by BlackBerry. Why would BlackBerry pay people to bash themselves?

Posted via CB10
    Because the company isn't perfect and nobody likes fanboys.
    02-14-15 12:06 PM
    And how do you know if we don't already exist?

Posted via CB10
    gebco, hd56fox, kbz1960 and 3 others like this.
    02-14-15 12:21 PM
    And how do you know if we don't already exist?

Posted via CB10
    Catch ya!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-14-15 12:28 PM
    BlackBerry has always had employees in the forums.

Off the record, these folks are write engaging too.
    02-14-15 12:38 PM
    Because the company isn't perfect and nobody likes fanboys.
    Sorry I'm trying to understand what you're trying to say here. Are you trying to say that BlackBerry payed people here to bash themselves because they don't like fan boys or are you trying to say that you've made over 5,000 posts because you don't like fan boys. Could you please be more specific please?

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 12:44 PM
    Sorry I'm trying to understand what you're trying to say here. Are you trying to say that BlackBerry payed people here to bash themselves because they don't like fan boys or are you trying to say that you've made over 5,000 posts because you don't like fan boys. Could you please be more specific please?

Posted via CB10
    Oh heck. Franks a fanboy himself! :-D

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    02-14-15 01:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ok.

No one pays people to bash BlackBerry in this forum. People here speak constructively, which sometimes means negativity, because there is negative stuff to talk about. However, this is sometimes seen as bashing by fan boys who can't conceive BlackBerry doing something wrong.

Now, there's some people with dumb arguments and trolls like "why can't we run iOS apps? BlackBerry sucks", but those exist on both sides of the argument.
    gfondeur and shaleem like this.
    02-14-15 01:15 PM
    Ok.

No one pays people to bash BlackBerry in this forum. People here speak constructively, which sometimes means negativity, because there is negative stuff to talk about. However, this is sometimes seen as bashing by fan boys who can't conceive BlackBerry doing something wrong.

Now, there's some people with dumb arguments and trolls like "why can't we run iOS apps? BlackBerry sucks", but those exist on both sides of the argument.
    I can understand people making the occasional negative posts. As you have pointed out nothing is perfect and it may be a good way to get things to improve. But when in cases where people spend the time to make posts in the tens of thousands, then I have to suspect that that they are either getting some form of pay for their time or that they are suffering from some kind of mental disorder.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 01:38 PM
    I can understand people making the occasional negative posts. As you have pointed out nothing is perfect and it may be a good way to get things to improve. But when in cases where people spend the time to make posts in the tens of thousands, then I have to suspect that that they are either getting some form of pay for their time or that they are suffering from some kind of mental disorder.

Posted via CB10
    No pay for me. Definitely a mental disorder! CrackBerrypsychosis!

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    02-14-15 01:42 PM
    No, we are not
    02-14-15 01:44 PM
    I find it odd some assume people are paid to trash BlackBerry, of course it has and does happen where companies slander other companies through proxy but let's be fair, BlackBerry is definitely no threat to Apple or Android that either company would pay for negative posts in a forum filled with BlackBerry users.

We account for less than 1% of users depending on country, I don't think they are really concerned with us when between them they have to please the other 99%.

When you factor in almost ALL news and media trash blackberry anyway, it brings into clear perspective how irrelevant Crackberry actually is as a means to stir negativity.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 and kbz1960 like this.
    02-14-15 02:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    I vote mental disorder.

Either that or Bla1ze, where's my check, man?!

Lol

Via my simply amazing  Q10 10.3.1.2267
    zephyr613 and shaleem like this.
    02-14-15 02:11 PM
    Ok.

Good points.

The good news is that BBRY is, in my limited experience, a bit more open to criticism than the self-appointed brand defenders are.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-14-15 02:13 PM
    I vote mental disorder.

Either that or Bla1ze, where's my check, man?!

Lol

Via my simply amazing  Q10 10.3.1.2267
    MSFT is cutting the checks...
    02-14-15 02:15 PM
    I find it odd some assume people are paid to trash BlackBerry, of course it has and does happen where companies slander other companies through proxy but let's be fair, BlackBerry is definitely no threat to Apple or Android that either company would pay for negative posts in a forum filled with BlackBerry users.

We account for less than 1% of users depending on country, I don't think they are really concerned with us when between them they have to please the other 99%.

When you factor in almost ALL news and media trash blackberry anyway, it brings into clear perspective how irrelevant Crackberry actually is as a means to stir negativity.

Posted via CB10
    Jesus was no threat to King Herod as a baby but king Herod had all the babies of Bethlehem put to death because of the threat Jesus posed in the future. Mighty King Apple is probably doing the same.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 02:51 PM
    Jesus was no threat to King Herod as a baby but king Herod had all the babies of Bethlehem put to death because of the threat Jesus posed in the future. Mighty King Apple is probably doing the same.

Posted via CB10
    You must have some interesting religious beliefs.
    Doggerz likes this.
    02-14-15 03:01 PM
    I believe there was a prophecy involved with that, combined with some knowledgeable people corroborating the story giving weight to said story. Imagine some high profile people coming out from some foreign land saying BlackBerry has been foretold to take over again and they are here to get in on the action, along with every high ranking officials and celebrities in the US corporate and consumer area agreeing and saying it will be so. You can bet Apple will panic.

Anyway, I'm sure BlackBerry folks will get on from time to time just to check out public perceptions and feedback... out of curiosity if nothing else.
    02-14-15 05:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry 10 is a threat to both Apple's iOS and to Android. Because its the only mobile OS that is capable of dethroning them both. I am sure Apple is quite pleased that BlackBerry utterly stinks at marketing its products. Not to mention all the BB10 delays, and the BES10 fumbles by not initially supporting BBOS. I can go on and on. All this should eventually get rectified by Mr. John Chen and Team.
    JedN3d likes this.
    02-14-15 06:08 PM
    I personally believe that there has to be some form of paid bashing existing out there, with certain cases. If you take into account some of the persistent behavior of certain trolls, the mental disorder part sometimes doesn't fit.

If we are to believe we live in a world of hackers, industrial espionage and short traders, then why is the concept of a paid basher so out of the question? Maybe not paid directly by Apple or Google or Samsung, but there are a lot of third parties, lobbyists and fringe groups out there.

Of course, I'm not just talking about BlackBerry bashers. The same can be said of any company.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-14-15 06:28 PM
    CB has been around for how many years, and, if this rumour is true, BlackBerry is just starting to notice? I doubt it. On the other hand considering how slow BlackBerry moves this may have some legs. Lol.
    Jokes aside, I don't think BlackBerry would just start to pay attention to CB forums. I'm sure Kevin, when he was a loyal BlackBerry customer, would have spread the word about utilising CB customer feedback directly to upper management. If Kevin is good at one thing it's talking (see any podcast. He won't stop!)

02-14-15 06:55 PM
    Blackberry is making a new division in the company. It is called "the men in black-berries" and their main goal is to spy crackberry forums in order to write down customer feedback and pass the findings to upper managers for making BlackBerry better.
    I think that apart from being humorous that is a good idea for BlackBerry. These forums are a good tool for making BlackBerry a better company. Let's think of it as a free poll and research tool. Maybe john has already thought of it and is implemented....

Posted via CB10
    This is quite the rumour lol. BlackBerry has always had a social media team that monitors social media for opinion, and issues. If the social media team notices an issue, it is usually escalated to the appropriate teams. I believe in some severe cases they will also contact who is running a specific site an issue is being reported on to gather more data.

Besides that, I'm sure there is quite a few BB employees on CrackBerry, some probably even posting on this thread lol.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-14-15 09:11 PM
    This is quite the rumour lol. BlackBerry has always had a social media team that monitors social media for opinion, and issues. If the social media team notices an issue, it is usually escalated to the appropriate teams. I believe in some severe cases they will also contact who is running a specific site an issue is being reported on to gather more data.

Besides that, I'm sure there is quite a few BB employees on CrackBerry, some probably even posting on this thread lol.
    Got you

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    spyeagle, BigBadWulf and kbz1960 like this.
    02-14-15 09:38 PM
95 123 ...