We all know Blackberry is the undisputed king of smartphone security, but from your analysis, opinions and especially experience, which smartphone make/brand would you mark as the second most secure in the market today?
    09-06-11 02:01 PM
    iPhone. Is second.
    09-06-11 02:05 PM
    That is very tough to say,

I would inherently say that Windows Mobile 7 would be the second most secure, in part due to it's low footprint, and in part due to its closer integration with Exchange than other platforms.
    09-06-11 02:07 PM
    windows phone.
    09-06-11 03:11 PM
    Wouldn't it be the iPhone? I mean, we are a BlackBerry community but the iPhone is a pretty secure phone, when not jailbroken and updated to the latest software.
    09-06-11 03:14 PM
    Wouldn't it be the iPhone? I mean, we are a BlackBerry community but the iPhone is a pretty secure phone, when not jailbroken and updated to the latest software.
    Problem is that the iPhone CAN be jailbroken, and this can be done with a simple website visit, also there have been more security threats on the iPhone than on Windows Mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 03:19 PM
    Problem is that the iPhone CAN be jailbroken, and this can be done with a simple website visit, also there have been more security threats on the iPhone than on Windows Mobile.
    Agreed.

Windows (PC) has been popular for attacks in the past because of it's widespread use. This is why viruses for an OS like Linux are few...

Now the same can be thought of for Windows Phone. For a person creating malicious code, it will make more sense to target the biggest user base.

Also the ecosystem for Windows Phone is pretty locked down at the moment. Third party developers cannot multitask at the moment for example. This is to be altered in a future update called Mango, but right now means there is less of the code exposed for malicious use...
    09-06-11 03:40 PM
    A throw away phone, duh.
    P.S. Hello All.
    09-06-11 05:15 PM
    Great responses - thanks everyone!

I know Android has had their fair share of security flaws, but what about a few of their new models such as the Motorola Photon 4G? It's promoted as a phone for business and pleasure, as you get the typical multimedia goodies, but at the same time, be assured of it's enterprise-grade security (though I am not sure of the specific security protocols).
    09-07-11 07:33 AM
    I would suggest Windows Phone. I cannot say that with absolute certainty but from what I have read it appears that it's limitations are keeping it more secure for now.
    09-07-11 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD