Greetings, is it possible to partition a 32gb sdhc card into 2 sections?

One section would be 8gb for the berry to access and use. The other section would be 24gb to be used only when the berry is plugged in via usb and acting as portable storage.

If this is possible, should the berry partition be the first or second partition so that it is the primary selection? Or would the berry auto locate its partition/directory as it does with a standard 8gb sdhc card?

Thanks,
    Dm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 11:21 AM
    It is possible to partition flash drive into 2 partitions. See below:

How to Create partitions on a flash drive using Windows: | Lancelhoff.com

I don't know anything beyond that but is curious see what you find out.
    01-14-09 01:36 PM
    How awesome! +1 to this thread because that's some really cool stuff. More reason why a Blackberry is awesome!
    01-14-09 01:51 PM
    There is no need to partition a memory card to use it for the BlackBerry and as a portable media. Just format it within your BlackBerry first so it creates all the proper folders for ringtones, pictures, voicenotes, documents, etc. and then you can connect it to your PC through USB and then create folders for other stuff and save whatever you want on there.
    01-14-09 02:00 PM
    JamesDP,

That is not true. OS 4.3 (Which I am using a modified version of) only recognizes up to 8gb of any SDHC card that you put in the blackberry. The rest of the space is unknown/inaccessible if you leave the card the way the blackberry formats it.

The way that I propose going about partitioning the SDHC card, you will be able to browse the other partitions because they will be listed as seperate drive-letters when you plug the blackberry into a pc via usb cable.

The reason that I am asking is that I have successfully virtualized my Windows 7 operating system onto a 4gb thumbdrive and I want to be able to have my computer with me anywhere I go without having to carry it along on an extra thumbdrive. If I can get the partitioning to work right I can have my virtualized win-7 computer/OS available with 28gb available to work with and it will reside on the same SDHC card as my blackberry files.

Hints or suggestions anyone else?

V/R,
    Dm
    01-14-09 02:59 PM
    It is possible to partition flash drive into 2 partitions. See below:

How to Create partitions on a flash drive using Windows: | Lancelhoff.com

I don't know anything beyond that but is curious see what you find out.
    Thank you sir, this will come in very handy once I acquire the 32gb SDHC card.

V/R,
    Dm
    01-14-09 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD