I am a newbie so I am sorry if this comes across a bit silly.

With SD cards coming out soon up to 16GB (except that new samsung that will be 256GB!!!), I have read about an app that lets you store apps on the SD card but you have to move it back over to your phone before you can use it.

My question is, with music (MP3's), can I store them on my SD card and play them on the BB through xplayer or similar apps, or does the music have to be on the phone like other applications to use

Sorry for what may be a silly question.
    05-27-08 03:52 PM
    mp3's can be played on your BB directly from your media card.... Same as videos and viewing pictures!
    05-27-08 03:55 PM
    mp3's can be played on your BB directly from your media card.... Same as videos and viewing pictures!

PERFECT, then why can't other apps

I guess I don't understand why certain apps have to be installed on the BB to work. I see the SD cards like the PC hard drive, and with the PC, as long as the apps are installed it will work no matter what hard drive.

Thanks for the answer irock, any answer to my other question?
    05-27-08 04:00 PM
    what other apps are you talking about?
    05-27-08 04:59 PM
    what other apps are you talking about?
    Aerize Card Loader 2008 is an app that states they let you download programs (other apps) to the SD but then you have to bring apps from the SD to your phone to get the apps to work, essentially saying that you can not run most programs from your SD card, that the apps have to be on the phone to run

Am I reading into that wrong or can I load EVERYTHING on the SD card and use all the software/apps on the phone without them truly being installed on the phone but rather on the SD card?

Does this make sense at all or am I confusing everyone else now also?
    05-27-08 06:40 PM
    i think i understand what youre trying to say.

i cant imagine a program that is designed to let you download apps to an SD, but that instructs you to then load them on to your phone. isnt that kind of, well, silly? have you tried running these apps right off the card? you should be able to without a problem.... that would be like inserting a floppy into your computer, but not being able to run it until you load it onto your harddrive.
    05-27-08 06:44 PM
    I have a 4 gig I use it for podcasts, pictures and yes I bought the program that lets you load from SD card. Just understand this BEFORE shelling out the $20, it only lets you run programs off SD card after you install the program....so if your BB is loaded this isn't the answer. Also not every program will run, you have to make a folder and place the COD file in it. Programs for example facebook do not give you the COD file so it will not run off SD card. Another thing, if you have BB running tethered to computer OR laptop the SD card is not able to be used. Just some food for thought
    05-27-08 06:49 PM
    i think i understand what youre trying to say.

i cant imagine a program that is designed to let you download apps to an SD, but that instructs you to then load them on to your phone. isnt that kind of, well, silly? have you tried running these apps right off the card? you should be able to without a problem.... that would be like inserting a floppy into your computer, but not being able to run it until you load it onto your harddrive.
    I agree, just so you don't think I am the silly one, here is a link to the software, thoughts?

Aerize Card Loader 2008 - SD card install utility - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    05-27-08 06:52 PM
    I have a 4 gig I use it for podcasts, pictures and yes I bought the program that lets you load from SD card. Just understand this BEFORE shelling out the $20, it only lets you run programs off SD card after you install the program....so if your BB is loaded this isn't the answer. Also not every program will run, you have to make a folder and place the COD file in it. Programs for example facebook do not give you the COD file so it will not run off SD card. Another thing, if you have BB running tethered to computer OR laptop the SD card is not able to be used. Just some food for thought

Thank you, very strange why some programs don't let you run from the SD.
    05-27-08 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD