This is amazing........ I will save up, i will preorder. This is huge i just hope they have this filed under patents. So this leak wont be copied by others. i would hate for a leak to destroy or cause them to fall behind.
    05-06-12 09:43 PM
    Absolutely amazing.....this is all looking like it's coming together nicely. RIM is taking their time with this one. I imagine this isn't going to feel like an incomplete OS upon its release
    Chrisy likes this.
    05-06-12 09:44 PM
    This is amazing........ I will save up, i will preorder. This is huge i just hope they have this filed under patents. So this leak wont be copied by others. i would hate for a leak to destroy or cause them to fall behind.
    I agree. I'd hate for Apple to come out with iOS 6 and say they did all this stuff first (assuming iOS 6 launches first, which I also fear)
    05-06-12 09:46 PM
    Looks like DLNA is also fully supported in BB10's media player. Wicked cool. Certainly verifies what we saw in the teaser vid for BB10. Hopefully it's compatible with a bunch of different DLNA devices (unless, that is, RIM creates its own lifestyle accessories for BB10 eg. streaming devices)
    05-06-12 09:51 PM
    Looking at the attention to detail that's kept throughout the leaks, These do seem real.

But I guess we'll find out if the 4G playbook are announced and released next month (hopefully followed by an update for wifi playbooks!)
    05-06-12 09:52 PM
    after seeing all that came out of BBW and reading this thread I can't help but get excited. Neither android or apple have multi-tasking and app-integration down packed... BB10 on the other hand looks like it's got the right ingredients to make it happen... and there is still more to come... go RIM FTW!
    05-06-12 09:58 PM
    I continue to feel justified at my optimism for RIM's future regarding their new platform. Anyone that thinks RIM doesn't innovate is simply uninformed.
    05-06-12 10:01 PM
    And your point would be?
    Simple, RIM need to get support from companies like Skype or they should sell their company. If you love BBs because of the physical keyboard, the first OS 10 devices will not have that. To counter it, RIM must get app support.

I wanted a Playbook, but didn't get one due to lack of app support. Same goes for BB 10 because I don't think OS 6/7 app will work on these new phones anyway. It is nice to see here that dedicated RIM fans like any other fan will love what ever RIM sells(even if it is a pile of rocks with RIM logo painted on it). I am not the only one who think this. Look at your great RIM company's shares right after this BB 10 Alpha was released!!!!

The specs posted here are far cry from what most smartphone can do with apps these days.
    05-06-12 10:08 PM
    Is it me or the alpha device and the BB London do not have a front facing camera?
    05-06-12 10:08 PM
    RIM's innovation was hindered by an outdated and restrictive OS that didn't allow for a lot of these features. It's not that RIM doesn't innovate (they innovated the smartphone for gods sake!) they were just handcuffed. Add Tat to the company the created the smartphone as well as QNX, and you have some true magic taking place. Tech people all over should be excited about BB10. It will truely be revolutionary!
    05-06-12 10:11 PM
    There will be front facing camera on BB10 phones. Even if there is no Skype, you can still use blackberry's video chat software. Having a similar UI to Meego is good because lots of tech blotters actually like that UI. However, it looks like BB10 is taking it to the next level with the glancing function and the flow UI within apps. The key will be how the multi-tasking works. Is everything really running like Thor has said so? Hopefully we'll find out soon...
    05-06-12 10:13 PM
    Is it me or the alpha device and the BB London do not have a front facing camera?
    No I thought the Alpha device has a front facing camera.
    sf49ers likes this.
    05-06-12 10:13 PM
    Simple, RIM need to get support from companies like Skype or they should sell their company. If you love BBs because of the physical keyboard, the first OS 10 devices will not have that. To counter it, RIM must get app support.

I wanted a Playbook, but didn't get one due to lack of app support. Same goes for BB 10 because I don't think OS 6/7 app will work on these new phones anyway. It is nice to see here that dedicated RIM fans like any other fan will love what ever RIM sells(even if it is a pile of rocks with RIM logo painted on it). I am not the only one who think this. Look at your great RIM company's shares right after this BB 10 Alpha was released!!!!

The specs posted here are far cry from what most smartphone can do with apps these days.
    Go away! It is known that the shares dipped not because of what was announced at BB World, but because of what wasnt announced, a buyout or partnership. Investors have never cared about announcements made 7 months in advance. Leave this thread for some real excitement and stop trying to get reactions from happy BB owners.
    xiaohuaxing and Thunderbuck like this.
    05-06-12 10:15 PM
    There will be front facing camera on BB10 phones. Even if there is no Skype, you can still use blackberry's video chat software. Having a similar UI to Meego is good because lots of tech blotters actually like that UI. However, it looks like BB10 is taking it to the next level with the glancing function and the flow UI within apps. The key will be how the multi-tasking works. Is everything really running like Thor has said so? Hopefully we'll find out soon...
    It's like saying, "that's OK none of the tax software in Canada works on a Mac, but I will still buy an expensive Mac for now. Then I will find a Windows computer at the library to file my tax online." There is always an excuse for a good argument.!
    Last edited by mss-ca; 05-06-12 at 10:19 PM.
    05-06-12 10:16 PM
    I like what I see. I own a BB torch 9800 for almost two years now and I been wanting to get a new phone soon. I was thinking of getting the Nokia Lumina 900 but it seens BB10 looks very similar and, possibly, even superior that a Windows Phone. I might sit and wait a new BB phone.
    BrizzadMan and xiaohuaxing like this.
    05-06-12 10:19 PM
    Go away! It is known that the shares dipped not because of what was announced at BB World, but because of what wasnt announced, a buyout or partnership. Investors have never cared about announcements made 7 months in advance. Leave this thread for some real excitement and stop trying to get reactions from happy BB owners.
    I will leave the thread with one final note. I don't want to see RIM go under as a lot of Canadians will lose our jobs. But if we continue to support RIM without being critical, there will be no motivation for the RIM's management to do anything different. I personally know several top investors who talked to RIM about app issues including close friends.
    05-06-12 10:19 PM
    Hi I'm new here and was actually never a fan of blackberry until i heard about the playbook, i loved the OS and now that they have a phone come out with a similiar OS I am very interested. I came from an iPhone and currently use an android device.. All these people who are saying there iPhone or android device already does it chances are it does it very very poorly. Both the iPhone and Android have questionable multi tasking, androids notification system is great but is plagued by poor battery life. The Blackberry OS takes from every great part of great OS's and improves upon them and combines them into one phone.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    05-06-12 10:22 PM
    Hi I'm new here and was actually never a fan of blackberry until i heard about the playbook, i loved the OS and now that they have a phone come out with a similiar OS I am very interested. I came from an iPhone and currently use an android device.. All these people who are saying there iPhone or android device already does it chances are it does it very very poorly. Both the iPhone and Android have questionable multi tasking, androids notification system is great but is plagued by poor battery life. The Blackberry OS takes from every great part of great OS's and improves upon them and combines them into one phone.
    So whats the battery life of the new BB10 phones??? They dont exist yet, to compare. The 9900 has poor battery life and its not even running LTE. So just wait till your LTE enabled, 4 inch screen, dual core, BB10 phone comes out and then make that comment.

I dont even understand your last line. Unless you are typing this in speculation of 6 months from now... Drawings does not equate actual performance
    05-06-12 10:30 PM
    Skipping BlackBerry OS 7, will just wait for BB10

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    05-06-12 10:31 PM
    It's you - the alpha device has a front camera.
    05-06-12 10:34 PM
    That is going to be cool.
    05-06-12 10:38 PM
    Nice stuff!
    Chrisy likes this.
    05-06-12 10:53 PM
    The 9900 has poor battery life and its not even running LTE. So just wait till your LTE enabled, 4 inch screen, dual core, BB10 phone comes out and then make that comment.

where are you getting this from? BB9900 still has the best battery life compared to the competition but may not be the older berries but still the best. who said BB10 device doesn't exist already? yes it exists in some form i.e Playbook, with it's advanced multitasking capabilities and Adobe flash support the playbook has the best battery life.

do you want anymore myths to busted?
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    05-06-12 11:02 PM
    It's like saying, "that's OK none of the tax software in Canada works on a Mac, but I will still buy an expensive Mac for now. Then I will find a Windows computer at the library to file my tax online." There is always an excuse for a good argument.!
    I am just trying to say that it will have front facing camera because it will at least support RIM's own video chat software. At least there IS video chat, not like old bbos. I want Skype as much as anyone else, but I don't know how much resources Skype will give to rim, even if they are working on a BB10 version when wp only has a 1.0 Skype. Best bet for Skype to be on bb10 would be through the android app player. Hopefully microphone support for the Android run times will be added soon along with proper front facing camera access...if you listen to Alec's comments in his interview posted on YouTube at bb10 jam, it's often not just the company willing to work on a platform or not, but how they can fit development of a new app in their product roadmap.

So yeah I want Skype too, but I am not that hopeful it will be on bb10 unless they are going the android runtime route.
    05-06-12 11:07 PM
    I really love the pictures that have been leaked so far; this is certainly not the RIM OS that I've grown to know and utterly detest/despise. I am so thankful that I decided not to upgrade to OS 6.1 (i refuse to call it OS 7) as I will be the first in line to get the new BB10 when it comes out.
    05-06-12 11:18 PM
119 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD