*#$@*^!!!!

$20 for 2 screen protectors.

Within 20 minutes of opening the package, both are history.

I dont think its humanly possible to put these things on without getting a spec of dust underneath, which ruins the whole look.

I will never ever buy another one as long as I live. Id rather have scratches on my screen than look at a rogue dust spec thats impossible to remove.

$20 down the drain.
    08-12-10 02:07 PM
    I know what you mean. They aren't the easiest berry accessory to apply. When I put a screen protector on, I set as close to my room air purifier as possible so there is no dust and use a 3M microfiber cloth to remove dust and oil first. Seems to work pretty well.
    08-12-10 02:13 PM
    *#$@*^!!!!

I dont think its humanly possible to put these things on without getting a spec of dust underneath, which ruins the whole look.

I will never ever buy another one as long as I live. Id rather have scratches on my screen than look at a rogue dust spec thats impossible to remove.

$20 down the drain.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-12-10 02:13 PM
    I know what you mean. They aren't the easiest berry accessory to apply. When I put a screen protector on, I set as close to my room air purifier as possible so there is no dust and use a 3M microfiber cloth to remove dust and oil first. Seems to work pretty well.
    I actually had the opposite happen. I have always had bad luck with screen protectos. I bout a 5 pack for $5 from Wal-Mart and they work great. Has the grid lines on one side so it made it easy to measure and cut. You really can not tell I have one unless you look very close at bottom of the screen. Wiped the screen with a microfiber cloth and it worked well.

08-12-10 02:17 PM
    bestskinsever.com sell self healing plastic screen protectors, the EXACT same ones as the Zagg protectors for about $7. You put them on with a soapy water solution and I've never had dust get under them as they're nice and wet before you apply them.
    08-12-10 02:22 PM
    Best Skins Ever (BSE) work great and I suck at applying these but first one went on clean and now they are on my 9700 - no issues and 2 for $6.00.
    08-12-10 02:23 PM
    bestskinsever.com sell self healing plastic screen protectors, the EXACT same ones as the Zagg protectors for about $7. You put them on with a soapy water solution and I've never had dust get under them as they're nice and wet before you apply them.
    Are those static cling screen protectors?? Meaning they don't use adhesive.
    08-12-10 02:26 PM
    I have never had a problem applying screen protectors. I always get them on smooth and they last for a long time.
    08-12-10 02:27 PM
    I bought some for my 9700 a while back, and after screwing the first one up, got the 2nd one on pretty good...but I am done with them now.
    08-12-10 02:30 PM
    The way to avoid dust is to use the wet application method and to do it in a steamy bathroom.

Best Skins Ever are extremely easy to apply.
    08-12-10 02:35 PM
    Are those static cling screen protectors?? Meaning they don't use adhesive.
    They have a sticky back but not glue. You dip them in soapy water and squeegee them down with a credit card, then they never move again. However you can peel them off and there is no residue on the screen, clean as the day you bought it.

And for the first few days after you apply it they look horrible with a bit of moisture between the screen and the protector but the plastic is porous and the liquid evaporates eventually.
    08-12-10 02:47 PM
    They have a sticky back but not glue. You dip them in soapy water and squeegee them down with a credit card, then they never move again. However you can peel them off and there is no residue on the screen, clean as the day you bought it.

And for the first few days after you apply it they look horrible with a bit of moisture between the screen and the protector but the plastic is porous and the liquid evaporates eventually.
    awesome. I love static cling. Used it quite a bit in my last job. Didn't know they made screen protectors out of it.
    08-12-10 02:50 PM
    $20 for 2 protectors? Why would you pay that much for only 2?

08-12-10 04:40 PM
    This is partly the reason why I never have used screen protectors. Even my iPhone
    doesn't have a screen protector. I don't have wit or sense to apply one of those
    things on my phone.
    08-12-10 05:37 PM

Well Zagg charges a lot because they come in a nice commercial box with applicator spray and a squeegee, whereas the website I gave stuffs two of the same protectors into an envelope for shipping without anything else.

It all comes down to marketing really. I would rather pay less and use dish soap and water with a credit card instead of special spray with colorful packaging.
    08-12-10 06:33 PM
    LOL @ buying 2 protectors for $20. Get them off ebay for around $5. All you have to do is align the top correctly and slowly apply the rest.
    08-12-10 06:37 PM
    I use a similar screen protector.. it's a 3M off Ebay. Uses soapy water too. Mines been on 4 months and it's even starting to lift at all
    08-12-10 07:27 PM
    I use a similar screen protector.. it's a 3M off Ebay. Uses soapy water too. Mines been on 4 months and it's even starting to lift at all
    Wow. I worked there and didn't even know we made them. 3M also makes the privacy ones that make it where people setting next to you can't see your screen. Pretty nifty. Time to take a trip into the 3M shop
    08-12-10 08:00 PM

AT&T store when I picked up a Torch...wanted to protect it...but after 8 hours with it, its goin on ebay and Im sticking with my 9700.
    08-12-10 09:00 PM
    I recall with the Bestskinever for the Creative player, the steamy bathroom was the trick to keeping the dust down. Martin Fields makes the kind without adhesive other than static cling. Same for the verizon privacy version. Their suggestion was to use scotch tape to grab pieces of dust off the screen/skin.
    08-12-10 09:12 PM
    *#$@*^!!!!

$20 down the drain.
    When I purchased a CaseMate Barely there case for my 9700 they sent one of their screen protectors with the order. After doing battle with 43 bucks worth of screen protectors trying to fine a good dust/bubble free one I what can I loose. I took off the last attemps and installed the CaseMate Screen Protector.

----> I cannot tell it is even on there! I ordered the 3 pack put one on the wifes phone and the others are waiting should I ever need them. I will never buy any others again. A pure pleasure to apply CaseMate Screen Protectors.
    08-12-10 09:14 PM
    I recall with the Bestskinever for the Creative player, the steamy bathroom was the trick to keeping the dust down. Martin Fields makes the kind without adhesive other than static cling. Same for the verizon privacy version. Their suggestion was to use scotch tape to grab pieces of dust off the screen/skin.
    ahhh Scotch Tape. Another 3M product

When I purchased a CaseMate Barely there case for my 9700 they sent one of their screen protectors with the order. After doing battle with 43 bucks worth of screen protectors trying to fine a good dust/bubble free one I what can I loose. I took off the last attemps and installed the CaseMate Screen Protector.

----> I cannot tell it is even on there! I ordered the 3 pack put one on the wifes phone and the others are waiting should I ever need them. I will never buy any others again. A pure pleasure to apply CaseMate Screen Protectors.
    That's what I am using now as well. Mine came with the Case-Mate Hybrid though. Very pleased with it.
    08-12-10 09:19 PM
    I use scotch tape as a temporary screen protector. it works well, as long as you know how to put it on the right way.

08-13-10 02:02 AM
    lol @ using scotch tape. Average Joe I feel your pain, it can be a big challenge, especially if you're not patient. As someone said you just have to align the top perfectly so there is no air bubbles and it's absolutely essential there is not a speck of dust on the screen. it's not impossible tho. I want thru about four $5 screen protectors, couldn't do it myself, asked the guy at the kiosk in the mall and he did it no problem. I hear if you go to best buy they can do it for you, if you buy it there of course.
    08-13-10 04:38 AM
    ahhh Scotch Tape. Another 3M product
    haha your responses are too funny.

I have 3M on the front end of my truck too! Very good stuff
    08-13-10 08:28 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD