Hey all, relatively new to the boards (this is my 2nd or 3rd post). I just got my Passport and I absolutely love everything about it. I have it encased in the OEM hard case, but I'm not too big a fan of the screen cover that came with it. I had a Zagg for my GS4, thought about getting one for my Passport, but do I really need it? Just how tough is this Corning Gorilla Glass 3? I keep my Passport in a pocket on its own, so there are no keys or coins or pens getting near it. Should I just err on the side of caution here and get one? Please share any experiences, good or bad, on the durability of the screen. Much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 10:25 AM
    For 6 bucks, I think it worth it to keep the every day use away from the screen itself. a dime here, a random key there, and after a while you will wish you had one. You can always take it off. I have one of those Tempered Glass protectors on my Z30 (8 buck on Amazon), and I do like the feel of the glass better than the poly/plastic feel, and they are just a weee bit thicker by about .010". Goes on easy.
    12-03-14 11:00 AM
    I would definitely protect the screen, it's when you don't that things happen, I am extremely happy with full body ghost armor

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-03-14 11:04 AM
    Hey all, relatively new to the boards (this is my 2nd or 3rd post). I just got my Passport and I absolutely love everything about it. I have it encased in the OEM hard case, but I'm not too big a fan of the screen cover that came with it. I had a Zagg for my GS4, thought about getting one for my Passport, but do I really need it? Just how tough is this Corning Gorilla Glass 3? I keep my Passport in a pocket on its own, so there are no keys or coins or pens getting near it. Should I just err on the side of caution here and get one? Please share any experiences, good or bad, on the durability of the screen. Much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    I've currently got the screen protector on that came with the OEM hard shell, but after a few days - as the top coating wore off slightly - it feels really greasy and oily. No oleophobic properties, or they're gone now... :-(

? ? ? Zzzzwipetyped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    12-03-14 05:04 PM
    For 6 bucks, I think it worth it to keep the every day use away from the screen itself. a dime here, a random key there, and after a while you will wish you had one. You can always take it off. I have one of those Tempered Glass protectors on my Z30 (8 buck on Amazon), and I do like the feel of the glass better than the poly/plastic feel, and they are just a weee bit thicker by about .010". Goes on easy.
    What seller did you get it from? Is there more than one brand? I don't have a screen protector on my Z10, Q10, or iPad and have never had a problem. (funny thing is, I have one on my 9000, and it doesn't even have a touch screen <G>).
    However, this Z30 is pretty big, and I'm more likely to drop it. I have a soft shell on it, and it lives in a holster, but I'm thinking I should get a protector. I'm kinda liking this phone after 2 weeks :-)

Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    12-03-14 05:31 PM
    I would like to know if there is a glass type one available for the passport? I have checked online and the only one I found was not available at the moment. If anyone has a link to one, I would appreciate it please.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-03-14 05:38 PM
    The problem is: glass is not a hard material, this also accounts for hardened glass like Gorilla Glass. There are some common particles which can scratch it with ease, sand would be the best example. A grain of sand can wreck havoc on your screen, no matter what Gorilla Glass is used. Personally I always recommend using one if you really care about a scratch free screen. In this regard GG simply is just a better marketing gimmick than actually heavily protecting your screen from scratches.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 07:38 PM
    Appreciate the input everyone. I think I'm gonna go to either zagg or ghost armor and get one put on. Zagg doesn't actually make one for us yet (and yes, us means my fellow passport holders), but evidently they can custom cut them. Anybody know if ghost armor actually makes one specifically for the passport?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 08:31 PM