Hello!

I own a Blackberry Bold 9900.

I have had it for about a year now.

I understand this might seem a bit bizarre, but my cursor only moves in certain conditions. It never has spontaneously moved when I have been inside for instance. Only when I'm outside and when it's rather windy does my screen seem to scroll upwards.
    This is a problem especially when I'm typing a text message for instance, because as I'm typing the screen moves up and I type into nothing.

This is quite an issue, not major because most of the time I don't experience it but when I do it can get on my nerves.

Is this because my device is defective like I've been able to read in a few other threads (although it wasn't described exactly like my problem)? Or maybe it's an interface issue? I am nevertheless pretty convinced it's a physical problem.

Can anyone relate to this? Many thanks.
    08-18-12 01:01 PM
    Sounds like a problem with the touchpad on your phone. It's optical, so it could even react to shadows. Try turning down the sensitivity a little and see if that helps.
    08-18-12 01:12 PM
    I have a 9780 Bold. It's not a touch screen, but I have encountered my cursor moving on its own, specially if its windy.
    You can try turning the sensitivity down. Unless your like me and need it high. I did a security wipe and it fixed it for awhile, but I ended up reloading the OS and it hasn't happened since.
    08-18-12 02:42 PM
    Apparently strong sun light can effect the touch pad, search in forums...
    You could always call ghost busters!!!! or an exorcist!!!!
    08-18-12 02:51 PM
    PLENTY of threads on something similar throughout the years. its a hardware issue. ive had two 9800s replaced over this and replaced my old 9700 trackpad myself due to it. please search next time.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issues-730397/

see post #5
    08-18-12 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD