So I guess my Pearl fall yesterday wasn't so innocent, as a few hours later I noticed a small scratch on the screen. Really small. But enough to drive me crazy. Anyone know the best thing to help get rid of it (is that even possible)? And yes, I plan on investing in a screen protector now...
    04-24-08 12:47 PM
    Hey Pink Daisy226,
    I use the plastic screen protectors that you can buy that go on like a plastic film. I have a very disturbing scratch on my Curve, and it's only two months old. The screen protector actually makes the scratch invisible. When the plastic film is on the screen, you cannot see the scratch at all.
    04-24-08 12:50 PM
    I use screen protector is the best thing to protect you BB.

samiamndosta welcome to CB.
    04-24-08 02:12 PM
    Hello,
    I dont know if anyone has tried this, but i use something to get rid of scratches from my 30gb IPod video. The stuff is called Brasso. you can get it from a hardware store or even the local super marked by the cleaning stuff.

Its a liquid for polishing metal. But it works wonders on the ipod screen. I have only had my 8130 for a little more than a week now, and havent had to try it yet. Good luck if you give this a try.

Teksu
    04-24-08 02:22 PM
    Meguiars make a Plastic Cleaner (PlastX) that is a clear plastic cleaner and polish that can be used to rid Convertibles Windows, Plastic boat windows, Scratched CD surfaces and Hard plexiglass surfaces. This should be able to clean the lens without any adverse effect on the lens.
    04-24-08 02:31 PM
    Has anyone tried that stuff called "applesauce", I think it's by the makers of the invisible shield? Wondering if that's any good...

To be honest, the other day when I killed my blackberry, I shouldve left it dead and taken it to the Sprint store to get a replacement rather than fix it myself and get stuck with this annoying scratch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-08 10:51 PM
    My husband cracked his curve screen the second day of having it and he was actually able to buy a whole new SCREEN from ebay for 3.00 and he put it in himself... looks brand new!! and then you can invest in screen protectors
    04-28-08 08:27 PM
    put an invisible shield on it and you wont be able to see the scratch and also prevent future scratches.
    04-28-08 08:29 PM
    I think I might try some of that Brasso stuff. Mmmm, the screens of our BBs are about the same thing as iPods.. or aren't they?
    04-28-08 08:30 PM
    I have actually heard toothpaste works good to take out scratches...I haven't tried it yet, but I heard its good!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-08 08:40 PM
    As an iPod addict, I can tell you the Apple forums swear by Applesauce.
    04-28-08 10:13 PM
    I think I might try some of that Brasso stuff. Mmmm, the screens of our BBs are about the same thing as iPods.. or aren't they?
    I used brasso and a microfiber cloth and it worked great. It skes some time though. Do a google search for the instructions and then buy a bse I can't even see my scratches anymore
    04-28-08 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD