Is there a way for my Blackberry 8900 to automatically connect to my school's wifi so I don't have to enter my username and password every time?
    09-12-09 02:55 AM
    you should be able to save a profile.......
    09-12-09 02:09 PM
    The profile is saved, but in order for me to connect I have to enter my information everytime.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 04:28 PM
    gotta be some sort of security setting then for mobile devices?
    09-12-09 06:40 PM
    no, i think he means that he has to log onto the school system after inputting the wep key to get access to the internet, If that is the case i dont know what to do as my school wont give out the WEP key yet.

Thats why i went for 3G instead of wi-fi
    09-13-09 10:17 AM
    it's annoying, but there's no way around it... although, if you use the Bolt browser, you can save your username/email/login name as an autotext... what i mean is you use autotext to your advantage...

what i did is i replace "ems" with "mylongstudent@schoolemailaddress.edu", so it'll automatically fill your login ID...
    09-13-09 11:26 AM
    Preciate it! I think that will be the best route.

09-13-09 11:34 AM
    Wow your lucky! My schools network is hidden
    09-13-09 11:45 AM
    no, i think he means that he has to log onto the school system after inputting the wep key to get access to the internet, If that is the case i dont know what to do as my school wont give out the WEP key yet.

Thats why i went for 3G instead of wi-fi
    yea except for certain people on campus the signal is horrible. So re routing all bb data through wifi is an advantage...
    09-13-09 11:46 AM
    i can see how that would be frustrating.....
    09-21-09 12:00 PM
    I'm going to try and install my school's certificates to connect to the network automatically, because I couldn't use short cut keys on the internet browser.

09-21-09 12:12 PM
    I thought you had already done that?
    09-21-09 01:54 PM
    i did, but my berry asked for a "keystore passcode" or something of that nature the first time around. I found instructions on how to do so for the iphone from my school's site, and I'm thinking it can't very that much from my berry!
    09-21-09 03:22 PM
    well fire it up and lemme know if it corrects it
    09-21-09 04:01 PM
    I was able to download the certificate, and when it ame time to select it from the list of certificates under EAP-TLS I couldn't find it. Ay suggestions???

09-23-09 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD