I was on a bicycle, near the City of Science in Valencia (SP), when the phone in my hand I slipped into one of the small low water pools nearby.

Needless to say I was terrified for a few seconds, thinking about all the agenda, phone numbers, photographs and so... I did not expect. And I haven't even been able to react immediately. The last back up was made several weeks before...

The phone remained under water for a few seconds (at last 4 that is long time) before I got off the bike and reached out to take it. Once off the water I tried to get out the liquid from HDMI, USB ports or headphones holes.
    Then I took off both SIM card and SD card to let phone dry better under the sun.

The poor Z30 started behaving strange three to four hours: switching on, loading FW and then rebooting continuously for more than an hour (this is the disadvantage of not being able to remove the battery). Some rebooting were longer than normally (thought was impossible LOL). So when Z30 was finally on again it was also a little messy inside...

Notifications of HUB were not ordered, photo saved on the device memory were not ordered by date, but was impossible to see pictures on the SD either. Water was on front and back camera, photographs were obviously blurred. Camera was working but didnt show last photo on the left downside corner and apparently not saving pictures (that effectively DID as I discovered later). Music from speakers was very low.

The phone worked but my partner did hear my voice very low.

Well, after 4 hours or so, and at least 30 reboots, all was like before (did all the tests on BB Virtual expert). Only some photographs were not in the right order but this is trifle.
    So now I have proof: Z30 is at least the best of the non-waterproof smartphones!

LeeU1911 likes this.
    05-19-14 02:03 PM
    I think I'd have probably still thrown it in some rice and let it sit for some hours to make sure more moisture was taken out of it.
    LeeU1911 likes this.
    05-19-14 02:50 PM
    I would STILL throw it in some rice!!!
    05-19-14 03:13 PM
    I would STILL throw it in some rice!!!
    how much time do you think it should rest under rice?
    05-19-14 03:32 PM
    Based on the replies, I'm wondering if most people have a bag of rice lying somewhere for when their electronics get water damaged.

Posted via CB10
    daithiD and Craig Abernethy like this.
    05-19-14 03:57 PM
    Not specifically for electronics but I always have rice on hand!
    05-21-14 06:36 AM
    1-2 days is most recommended.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    05-21-14 08:26 AM
    Based on the replies, I'm wondering if most people have a bag of rice lying somewhere for when their electronics get water damaged.

Posted via CB10
    You dont?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 09:03 AM
    I'm Asian and we always have so many bags of rice in the house! Each bag is at least over 18kg!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    stabstabdie and LeeU1911 like this.
    05-21-14 09:07 AM
    So I'm a pool guy. Been doing it for 5 years. Fell into my first pool today and I ha my z39 on me. First thing I did was yank it out and hold it up. It was under for maybe a second. Then the off screen and 3-2-1 came on then rebooted a few times. My customer was right there and got me a back of rice after about a min while it was will rebooting. Anyone have any luck with z30 and water besides the OP? I sure hope it works. Using my iPhone feels like 2 steps back. At least I have apps but still keyboard sucks.
    06-13-14 01:28 AM
    The longer, the better.
    06-13-14 01:45 AM