Is taking photos of someones barcode they only way you can add them on bbm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-11 07:28 AM
    No you can add them using their PIN or e-mail address also. Most of my contacts I added by PIN, only one was added by barcode.

Go to 'add contact' in the BBM menu to see the available options listed there.
    03-25-11 07:31 AM
    I ment is there any other way to scan a barcode as in copy n paste or does it have to be by taking a picture of the barcode? As a lot of people post barcodes for groups etc but can't seem to add them by phone.

03-25-11 07:51 AM
    If you are running BBM 5 you can invite a contact by scanning their barcode. Go to the main BBM screen and choose <Menu> --Invite contact -- Invite by scanning pin barcode. That will turn on the camera and all you have to do is focus it on the barcode in question until it registers.
    03-25-11 09:29 AM
    Exactly what Tiassa said. You scan the barcode, you don't have to take a picture of it. There are apps for scanning barcodes for other things, because they appear almost everywhere for anything, not just BBM.
    03-25-11 09:58 AM
    If you are on a website (using your blackberry browser) with a barcode you can click on it to add people or groups.

03-26-11 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD