I tried posting this in marketace but I don't the 100 post credential. I am trying to sell my BB 9900. I got this in the mail today:

Sorry for my late response,I'm willing to offer you $650 if you can assure me that it's in good working condition,I'm offering you this because i needed it as a B-Gift for my Grandson schooling Abroad,the amount i offered you including the shipping cost to his hostel address Via (canadapost Air Mail).your assurance to me about condition of this item is very important to me because i would not be able to meet you to see condition of it due to nature of my job.get back to me with payment request via PayPal to my PayPal(insur.inc@live.com)so that i can transfer the money into your PayPal account asap.

Anything I should be aware off?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-11 09:05 AM
    Most likely a scam.
    11-05-11 09:08 AM
    The email just seems off. It also has the weird capitalization and punctuation that you see in a lot of scam emails.

Sent using Tapatalk
    11-05-11 09:10 AM
    Scam most likely. Someone who really needs it will be wanting to meet you or has actual proper emails. Also, why are you selling your phone? Isn't it awesome

11-05-11 09:12 AM
    Thanks! I still think it is scam. I have never done any transactions via paypal so I don't even know the reprecursions of using it.

I have really fallen in love with this phone (after I put it up for sale). But this offer was too good not to look further into it. I will write about my transition soon because I was a die hard iPhone user for four years.

11-05-11 09:37 AM
    Alright......
    You also have to think about the following statement:
    If this person is paying a lot of money for a used phone then what stops him from buying a new one? 99.9% sure its a scam. Also I can understand the iPhone fanboyism. Glad to know that an iPhone fan did enjoy a BB for a while.....

11-05-11 09:50 AM
    This is not most LIKELY a scam. It is DEFINITELY a scam. DO NOT DO IT. They will send you a fake email from Paypal saying you have been sent money but will not see it in your account until you send the phone and the buyer approves it.

Again, this is a scam and you should stay away from it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-05-11 09:58 AM
    Oh wow. Thanks a bunch guys and the quick replies.

11-05-11 10:06 AM
    huge scam!! i get these all the time, sometimes i play back and forth with them.
    11-06-11 01:55 PM
    There's this

and

Also this

I sold something on Craigslist for the ex. I had about 15 scammers trying to get me to use PayPal to pay for it. First of all, I hate PayPal, their stupid fees and their horrid customer service. I'd rather shave my head with a cheese grater than use PayPal again. Secondly, if the return email is something like b.o.b.j.o.n.e.s.9.9@gmail dot com, then yeah, it's a scam.
    11-07-11 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD