Neat commercial I guess, but I don't know any more about the phone now than before watching it.
    06-01-13 05:48 AM
    Like internet forums on mobile phones?
    Somebody call a burn center.
    06-01-13 05:50 AM
    Neat commercial I guess, but I don't know any more about the phone now than before watching it.
    the purpose for the commercial is to create brand/product image. its fun, cool, exciting and like the title said all eyes on S4
    06-01-13 07:20 AM
    You don't see how many people it failed on.

All we know the whole event could be staged.

Cool way to bring awareness to the brand though.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 08:35 AM
    You don't see how many people it failed on.

All we know the whole event could be staged.

Cool way to bring awareness to the brand though.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't even consider that it might have been a real event lol. I just thought it was part of the commercial.

FWIW, smartstay is one of the main things I miss from my SGS3. Call it gimmicky, but how many of you read an article or long post on your phone, zone out thinking about laundry, shopping list, a client, etc for a few secs and your screen goes off while you are still reading?
    06-01-13 10:00 AM
    I didn't even consider that it might have been a real event lol. I just thought it was part of the commercial.
    That is why I find it easiest to just enjoy it if you can. I thought there were some creative "distractions" those would have been cool to see in person.

Do you know if it works for just one eye? I have a controlled twitch

For my money, I'll take the two Kmart ads right now. "Ship My Pants" and "Big Gas Savings", I have a buddy that won awards from Adobe and was flown to France to meet with them and he actually said "I wish I had thought of those".
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-01-13 10:46 AM
    I know what the point was suppose to be, but all i get from the comercial is that people are willing to waste their time on the stupidest things.
    Think of it this way, would you stand staring straight ahead for an hour for $650? That's just a tad over what I make hourly (/sarcasm) so heck yeah it would be worth my time!
    06-01-13 10:51 AM
    For my money, I'll take the two Kmart ads right now. "Ship My Pants" and "Big Gas Savings", I have a buddy that won awards from Adobe and was flown to France to meet with them and he actually said "I wish I had thought of those".
    I haven't seen Big Gas Savings yet! Sounds hilarious. I need to look that up.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    06-01-13 10:53 AM
    Just like a few of our BBRY commercials.
    06-01-13 02:25 PM
    I find it hilarious that some of us sat all the way through this (probably grinning & thinking how they wouldn't have broke gaze) can type BS comment about this being cheesy, staged, blows, etc. like, DUH of course it's staged, there are cameras and its a commercial. Like we will really just find any reason to put competitors marketing down, or make excuses. This commercial was great, and from the looks of it- it didn't cost the 100 billion trillion dollars ppl keep saying we at BBRY need to compete.

Some ppl said the commercial taught them nothing about the product or Samsung, this is what I took from it.

The phone can sense when I'm looking at it, and doesn't get distracted like a person would.
    Samsung tries to give things away, wish I was a part of it.
    Samsung is Fun
    I felt good after watching this commercial even though I didn't win.

I've said it b4 and I will continue to voice my opinion- creativity is not as expensive and illusive as some of you think.

(Waits for, go get an S4 comment)
    06-01-13 02:34 PM
    You're not allowed to like it because it's not by blackberry.
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    06-01-13 03:51 PM
    If only eBay would release a decent, non battery draining app..

This is so cool! BBRY should do something like this with a contest of getting a list of stuff done in a given time on the BB10 platform
    I like the idea of a contest to show of what BlackBerry 10 devices can do, but I think that the contest has to be kept simple. This Samsung contest reminded me of the "Smoked by Windows Phone" contest from last year. I participated in the challenge, though I had to forfeit my entry. Honestly, I don't think that the contest got a lot of converts to the Windows Phone platform. I'm not saying this due to sales numbers, though.

I had to forfeit my entry because this my challenge task was something that I could not do at all, much less on a phone (update my Facebook status-I don't use Facebook). This type of challenge makes people like me easily dismiss the phone as being good at things that I don't do anyway, so it's useless for me. At least half of the challenge tasks were things that people do not do on a regular basis, such as translate documents from one language into another.

Samsung nailed it by picking a task that everyone does with a smartphone, which is look at it. True, many people do not try to look at it for one hour straight, but that's the part that shows off what the phone will do. It was one task, almost everyone can do it, and people can relate to this in the everyday use of their phones.
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    06-03-13 12:38 PM
37 12